cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choppy Calls With Airave

Journeyman

Choppy Calls With Airave

I have the Airave in service here in Florida (I moved from Ohio shortly after getting the Airave), and while I have full service with it, all of my calls are choppy and I end up losing the call.  This is extemely frustrating because I am 900 miles away from my family and cant use my phone to call them.  Please help!!!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Choppy Calls With Airave

Sorry for the inconvenience. I would suggest you to complete a VOIP test to determine Quality of Service (qos) from ISP. You can complete that test on www.8x8.com to determine  Jitter/Qos/Speeds/Packet Loss and call Airave Support  to troubleshoot further  and if needed will  create a CTMS ticket for Airave Service.

Abe

Journeyman

I just ran the test and here are the results: 

Download Speed: 191 kbps

Upload Speed: 109 kbps

QOS: 99%

Jitter: 200.9ms

Packet Loss: 0%

MOS Score: 3.6

Master

Sprint Airave devices require
Download speed: 1mbps or higher
Upload speed:  350kbps or higher
Quality of Service: 80% or higher (QOS under 80% can cause static, on the line, breaking up, and echoes)
Jitter: 5ms or LESS (Jitter above 5ms can cause static, on the line, breaking up, and echoes)
Packet loss: 0

If the Test results do not meet these minimum requirements, Please contact your  ISP for further troubleshooting.

Abe

Journeyman

Everything seems to be fine, other than jitter. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat