Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find and update the software version on your Sprint AIRAVE

Journeyman

Find and update the software version on your Sprint AIRAVE

GPS,There needs to be a software update for the Airave ASAP! I keep reading about compatibility issues between the Airave and Android phones ranging from GPS issues to calls not actually ringing and going straight to voice mail. I have both issues and its a bit upsetting considering I dropped cash for an EVO and an Airave wich dont work well together in my home. Sure I get service to surf the net etc but all My GPS based Apps are out of wack for example since I have an Oakland number  on my Airave (Why sprint did that I dont know) All the apps show I'm in Oakland! but I'm in Fresno CA ! And why exactly isnt this thing 4G already? It would make sense or Will I have to buy a new 4G Airave? Sprints network is always getting knocked and my experience with my Airave isnt exactly stellar thus far. The idea of a mini cell phone tower is great but can we get this thing to work.. UPGRADE IT PLEASE !!!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Your phone has Wifi built in. Use your router for your internet connection on your Evo. There wont be a 4G Airave. Why? Because the Airave uses your existing broadband connection!

Make sure your phone is set to Sprint only under roaming settings (menu > settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > roaming).  Second restrict your Airave by logging into sprint.com, clicking "My Preferences" and then "Update My Airave" on the right hand side. Restrict it to only the numbers you WANT to have access to the Airave.

And lastly the phone number of the Airave would not effect the GPS settings of your phone at all. That's like me saying my phone number is a New York number so everywhere I go my Sprint Navigation is going to think I'm in New York.

Maybe youre just confused about how the Airave works. Since you posted this before Aug 8 I know you have the older Airave which is VOICE only. You'll want to use your wifi router for data services. Once you change your roaming settings and restrict the Airave run a VOIP quality test: http://voiptest.8x8.com  and make sure your jitter is below 6 ms and your QOS is at least 80%

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat