cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing Amber Mobile Light on replacement Airave

Highlighted
Journeyman

After calling techincal support about my phones not connecting to the Airave they ruled the device defective and sent me out a brand new Airave. I set it up and waited. The mobile light started blinking Amber and I called tech support. She asked for the Airave's MAC ID and activated the Airave. She said to press and hold the Reset button on the Airave and that should would call back in 1-2 hours to check up on things. After 1-2 hours, light blinking amber, and no call back I contacted Sprint tech support again. He had me unplug my router and modem and told me not to unplug the Airave but to hit the reset button for 30 seconds and wait. He said he would call back within the hour- whadya know, no phone call back. I've about had it with Sprint and am about to throw this Airave and all these usless Smartphones in the trash. Every other carrier gets great reception in my house. Someone please help.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Flashing Amber Mobile Light on replacement Airave

I have a similar problem and tried what the tech told you.  I have had mine for several months now and has always worked great.  There were a few upates it was doing while the amber light was flashing and would be fine within a day.  About a week ago, it hasn't been able to connect to the network.  The Mobile light has been flashing continuously and in sequence with the GPS light flashing green.  For  troubleshooting, I have pressed the reset button on several different  occasions.  When that didn't work, I did a hard reset as well.  This didn't work and then I followed the troubleshooting online by resetting  the modem, then router then the Airave in that sequence as instructed. 

Hopefully a Sprint Tech can help us.

Highlighted
Master

Make sure you’ve connected AIRAVE directly to the modem and not to the router. I would also like you to do a VOIP test to make sure your Quality of Service (QOS) is doing ok. Here is the website that you need to perform the VOIP test. http://voiptest.packet8.net/ http://myvoipspeed.visualware.com/. Sprint Airave Access point needs these VOIP results to work properly:-

Download speed: 1mbps or higher

Upload speed: 350kbps or higher

Quality of Service: 80% or higher (QOS fewer than 80% can cause static, on the line, breaking up, and echoes)

Jitter: 5ms or LESS (Jitter above 5ms can cause static, on the line, breaking up, and echoes)

Packet loss: 0Sprint Airave devices require

Compare your VOIP test results with the above test reports.

• •· If the speed test reports a poor connection which is Quality of Service less that 80% and jitter more that 5%, contact the Internet service provider for support.

Please send me a private message with your phone number to make sure Airave is provisioned correctly in our system.

Thanks

Abe

Highlighted
Journeyman

We are having issues with our replacement Airave, too.  During the  month of June the Airave was reset (or unplugged for 10 sec) over 17  times b/c the "mobile" light was blinking orange. Service/reception is  absolutely horrible. On Thursday, July 21, 2011, I received over 20  duplicate text messages and again on Friday & Saturday (7/22  &7/23) 1 of the same duplicate texts. Also, on Saturday I gave up  trying to talk 2 a friend after the call was dropped 3X. In between the  drops, the reception was was awful! I am a 62 yr old grandmother who  takes care of my grandchildren (9yr old & 4 yr old) while their Mom  is at work (sometime days, sometime nights). We do not have a home/land  line phone - gotta cut cost somewhere. I've gotten 2 where I pray that  my phone will work should we have an emergency! We're paying way too  much $ for such poor service @ home. Hopefully u or another Sprint Tech  can help us, cause back when we were finally able 2 to talk the phone  service folks into sending us a replacement Airave the service was poor.  As a matter of fact we have never received a UPS pick-up tag to return  the original Airave.  Thanks for anything u can do 2 help us!!!

I ran the VOIP test and got these results:

Download speed:  2.62 mbps

Upload speed: 290kbps - COULD THIS LOW SPEED BE A CAUSE OF AIRAVE PROBLEMS?

Quality of Service: 84%

Jitter: 0.2ms

Packet loss: 0.0%

Highlighted
Journeyman

Technical Support has got it all set up and running. Although were still having the same issues as the original Airave. My phones will not connect to it (2 intercepts,evo 4g, evo 3d, samsung flip phone). I belive my neighbers Airave is interferring with my Airave as they have an old samsung airave and I have the new airvana. on the rare occasion my phone connected to it i noticed the the airvana airave has a different tone than the samsung airave when you make a phone call. The Airvana makes a 3 tone beep and the Samsung is just two plain beeps. Why are my phones not connecting to my Airave? Why is it choosing to connect to the weaker signal? If Sprint can not fix this I am switching to T-Mobile. I am outraged with Sprint's spotty coverage.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem here with the flashing amber mobile light. Hours on the phone with tech support, half that time on hold of course. They have sent out 3 different Airwaves. They have no clue why they aren't working. I pass all the tests they have me run with flying colors. It's been 2.5 weeks now. The last call (today) they basically said "Don't call us. We will call you when it is fixed". No time frame. No one to call for a status update. My business is dependent on my phone and I am missing calls daily due to weak signal strength. Really great customer service Sprint!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

i may cancel today, i had them say and do all the exact same things, they want you to just deal with it as they will give you the run around and not get back ahold of you, please just send me something to return this airave and let me go ahead and cancel my contract already....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I may be right behind you. Sprint Support is great at the entry level where they don't have much technical expertise. But the higher you go the worse and more uncaring they get. 4 days now and I have not heard a word. The light still flashes amber for an hour or so then flashes green for an hour or so. I guess they figure the few percentage points of people having these issues just aren't worth the trouble. But I can assure you that I will be telling everyone I know how really bad Sprint is. Like ATT&T level of bad. Looks like Verizon is really the only choice now. At least they top the customer service reports every year. At this point who cares if AT&T buys T-Mobile and leaves Sprint as an also-ran? They don't care about us. No reason for us to care about them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here guys...this is crazy.  Spent hours on the phone with one tech.  Missed a call back so I can't talk to the same tech.  Then I got ahold of an idiot tech that said..."so what issue are you having?"

I'm paying an extra charge per month because I have a smartphone, but I can't even make or receive a call in my house.  Sprint service and support is a joke. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is so typical of corporate mentality. Deny and ignore problems until people either get fed up enough to go away or until the problem becomes big enough that the press starts talking about it so they HAVE to do something. Anything to save a dime no matter how many dollars it costs or how many unhappy customers it costs. I thought Sprint was better than that. I was wrong and will spread the word to eveyone I can. If only ONE person decides to not go with Sprint that will have cost them potentially thousands of dollars. What possible logic could there be for stonewalling us like this?????

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the techs boost my power to help with connection issues. After the reset, I got the exact same thing. I talked to 5 different techs who had 5 different ways to solve the problem. And yes, they are godawful at calling back. Pathetic. Anyway. I tried one last time and it just worked! What I did was Power Cycle a different way than before. I have a AT&T UVerse 2Wire router. I reset the Airave again and unplugged the router. I started up the Airave first and than the router. Voila! It still took 30 minutes. Oh, and one of the ruder techs wanted me to get another Airave. I believe these issues involve the router/modem but I am no guru. Hope you all get it solved.

Finally, the last tech I talked to said there was an outage for those people who have to reboot/reset. If you want the ticket number let me know. I'm praying I'm done with this fiasco. Nothing like calling techs with no coverage, starting to get help, and CONNECTION LOST. Took 4 years off my life. Had to start smoking to make it worth it...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat