Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Ping on Airvana

Journeyman

High Ping on Airvana

I have an Airvana connected to my router and its IP is DMZ'ed. It works great but the speed tests while connected to the Airvana are less than stellar. My internet is 10-15 mbits down and .5 mbits up. I have an Epic 4G and when I go to the Phone Information menu it shows that I am connected to EV-DO Rev. A and when I dial #99 I get the message that I am now within airave coverage. Now I understand the EV-DO Rev. A standard  has a max down/up of 3,100/1,800 kbit/s but I don't get anything near that. The most I get is 1,200 kbit/s down and 500 kbit/s up with a ping of 125-200ms. I know the upload is limited by my internet but the download is not. I have gotten much faster download speeds from Sprint towers and usually the same ping if not lower. When I connect to wifi however, I get 10+ mbit/s down and .5 mbit/s up with a ping of 20-25 ms. The two things I don't understand is why I'm getting 1/3 of the 3G speed I should be getting and a horrendous ping.

The apps I use are speedtest.net app and the FCC broadband app. Both give consistent and similar results.

0 REPLIES 0
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat