Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I properly connect Airrave behind my current N900 Netgear wireless router

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I properly connect Airrave behind my current N900 Netgear wireless router

Not quite sure if I connect the network cable from the WAN port on the back of the Airrave to an open LAN port on my router or connect an open LAN port on back of the Airrave to an open LAN port on my router.  I paid good money for my router and the speeds it allows and I'm not going to limit my network with the Airrave.  I just want to attempt to connect it behind my router instead of in front of it as the instructions say.  Last night, the first time I connected it (properly according to the instructions) it worked great.  My signal strength on my phone was perfect, all bars.  I then checked my download speed on speedtest.net and it was horrendous.  So, I decided to move it so it's behind my router instead of in front of it.  Now I can get the broadband light to come on and stay on but not any of the others.  Wondering if anyone has any more experience with setting this up than I do.  Thanks much.  

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: How do I properly connect Airrave behind my current N900 Netgear wireless router

I got it working.  Connected the network cable to the WAN port on the back of airrave and plugged the other end into a LAN port on my router.  Now I have perfect signal strength in my home.  Hopefully no more dropped calls. 

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat