Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to boost your Airave signal for better in home coverage

Highlighted
Master

If you have the new Airave - labeled Airvana - you can boost your signal by following these simple steps.

• Login to your sprint.com account and on the top portion notice the tabs My Account, Devices and My Preferences
  • Click on My Preferences
  • On the top of the right hand column you should see "Manage My AIRAVE" Click on that
  • A popup screen should come up and near the bottom you will see Range Settings
  • In that area you will see Airave Lrg Rng Provision Ph2 - we want to select that and then click the yellow Save button just below that
  • This will add a particular code into the billing system and expand the Airave coverage to 8,000 sq. ft.

Hope this helps some of you that are having marginal coverage in your home due to size or construction materials.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Journeyman

When I get this pop-up, none of the options are showing as being selected. So I chose Airave Lrg Rng Provision Ph2 but I got a "Cannot save Settings" error. I then tried to put in my Zip Code and got the same thing. I then tried restricting access from All to just my device's phone number and that saved fine and then auto-loaded the Range Settings screen again where "Airave Lrg Rng Provision Ph2" was now checked. I clicked "Save" but it said there were no changes to save.

Opening the pop-up window again it once again shows me as having nothing selected and gives me the same error. I'm not sure what's set now but it's either default or Airave Lrg Rng Provision Ph2, I guess.

Highlighted
Master

Re: How to boost your Airave signal for better in home coverage

Several people have had a problem saving when making changes. When the popup screen comes up select the longrange and click save. Ignore the zipcode and users tabs.  Just click the long range and save.  Also this only works with the unit labeled Airvana. The Mac ID on an Airvana usually starts 0005Bxxxxxxx.

Larry

Also -If you private message me please check my biography to see my hours of work so you know when to expect a reply.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same result.... I followed your instructions, but when i press the yellow "save" button I got a can NOT save request msg.

is there something else I should do?

I'm registered with Sprint to use Airave and i do have a Airvana unit.

thanks in advance

JS

Highlighted
Journeyman

Once you save the 'long range' setting the first time it shows as being successfully saved.  But you can only do it once.  A repeat attempt will result in 'cannot save setting' error message from that point on.  Zip code cannot be saved even on the first try.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After setting the Airvana to the 'large range' setting I noticed absolutely no difference in coverage.  Has anybody else seen any difference?

Journeyman

What is the estimated "ranges" for each setting?

Is "Airave Sml Rng Provision Ph2" the default provision setting?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just did this and now my airrave isn't showing up on my account. ????

Highlighted
Journeyman

nm.  it's back.

Highlighted
Master

What I have been told is that yes Medium is the default. It is a 4,000-5,000 sq ft   The LNGRNG is 8,000 and if you lived in a small apartment and wanted to prevent others around without restricting you could go SMALL.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the old style Airave and want to change to the Airave2. Besides the unit does anything need to be changed to my account settings from Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

My airwave is already set up for that but once again, another disappointment.  I live in a small home with only my number listed in the airwave but I have never seen all five bars on my iphone.  It doesn't matter if I'm at home with the airwave or somewhere else, still never do get to see full range of bars.  Plus, my friend who visits a lot is with sprint and can't get a signal when she comes over. I went in and tried to add her number to the airwave but the pop up box doesn't even list the numbers anymore.  What happened to that feature?  Between my disappointment in the iphone and now the airwave, I might be inclined to get rid of the service even if I do have to pay a ridiculous $350.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat