cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to boost your Airave signal for better in home coverage

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: How to boost your Airave signal for better in home coverage

I was able to set my Airave on large, but like another user stated it did not result in any more bars on my phone. I have 5 bars sitting next to the device, but when I go in the bedroom 30 feet away it drops to 3 bars. No way its covering 8000 sq feet and my house is only 2000 sq feet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The online range settings do not actually work or change anything.  Turns out Sprint never enabled them to work because they worried that too much signal might cause interference to surrounding homes.  There is a way to boost the range but it has to be done through airave tech support and I think requires a CMT ticket.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update:

I have had 3 bars in my back bedroom with the default settings for the past 3 days. A few people have been able to change their setting online after logging into their account and there are people that say it does nothing. I went in yesterday and changed the range to large and was able to save the setting, but I still had three bars. Today after reading that you need to reboot the Airvana by unpugging everything and going through setup again, I tried that and Bingo!  I now have 5 bars in every room in my house and can even pick up the Airvana outside. So based on this I think that the ability to change the settings may depend on where you live and whether the local or regional office has supported the online features. You would expect a company to operate the same accross the country, but obviously that isn't the case. I'm in Tampa by the way.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I fined that is actually helps to have towers in the area that support the Airrave, that's right I spent 2 years and went through 3 units, 2 phones, and a pack of lies only to fined out the the towers in my area do not support the Airrave. So just because Sprint sends you one and tells you that is will work and fix all of yous issues don't believe them and get it in writing. Finally after all the BS i got a letter that because it is costing Sprint $1.69-$2.99 a minute for me to roam I am in violation of my contract and I am being terminated. This after 3 years of hell, I am a cancer patient and now I am stuck with a $400.00 HTC EVO that I was forced into buying instead of being let out of my contract at the time. I am going to get on the list for the class action suits and hope that they get sued like AT&T. I am already on the one for the Robo calling and the EVO 4G, I have been taken advantage of by Sprint for the last time.If you want some advice do what I have done and record every call with Sprint even the Robo calls they will come in handy in court, even if they lie and try to tell that you cannot record them you can it is your right to just like thay can record you. LL

Highlighted
Journeyman

I believe this range feature is a gimmick.

It might help get your signal FURTHER from the basestation, but it won't make the signal STRONGER in the closer vicinity.

Also, if you put a thick concrete / steel wall between the basestation and the mobile phone, no amount of setting changes will magically give you any bars.

If anything, the Long range setting willo consume somewhat more power from your wall outlet.

Highlighted
Master

The Airave's range setting on sprint.com Manage My Account, is currently not providing the results in "range increase" that we had anticipated.  The range of an Airvana Access Point can be modified by calling Airave Support, (866) 556-7310, and having a ticket created that gets forwarded to Ericsson.  Ericsson can increase the range from 5000 sq ft to approximately 8000 sq ft; or from a 40ft radius to a 50ft radius in any one direction. 

Signal barriers do still apply such as walls, floors, furniture and electrical junctions. 

We appreciate evevryone's feedback in this forum, and thank you for using Sprint.com Communities. 

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

The link to change the airave settings on sprint.com is garbage...it does not do a thing, and that was told me by an airave tech. Even when they change the setting with a CMT ticket it doesn't change a thing. I have had two Airave Access Points and and they both are not what they are cracked up to be. We now live in less than 900 sq ft of space and I loose all airave coverage about 20 ft away from the device. Also EVERYONE I know that has them experience the same things. They are pretty much garbage all around wether you hook it up in front of or behind your router it's garbage!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The online range settings have never worked.  I tried to tell everyone that on another forum last year after conducting field debug mode testing on the settings.  But nobody believed me.  Finally the truth comes out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tomdeaver,

Is there any way you can help me out? After seeing this message you posted here, I called the number you mentioned, requesting to create the ticket to be forwarded to Ericcson, and the tech said that this wasn't necessary since I'd already set it up on my account through the web interface for the "higher range". What else can I do to get this properly setup?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Are you guys using the GPS antena. Until I added that to my Airwave it did not work properly. I live in a block home and was getting one bar and now I get 5 in all rooms all the time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did you do a reset to the Airave???

BTW Looks like you have better luck than me. The new web page now says... Manage your range settings,access and service address.... There is no option for setting the range. It looks like they took it off the page.

I called tech support and they said they would not increase the range I told them I live in a large ranch house with quite a few acres, so interference is not a problem. They kept insisting it was something else but I just want to use the phone at the other end of the house. So if anyone else has access to increase the range give me a yell...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same thing here. I called the support line from the above post and was told that my setting was already at the maximum as well. I moved the unit more central in my house, but even so, calls just all of a sudden drop anyway even when I have several bars signal. Then goes to roaming for several minutes. I think Sprint will be history for me after my contracts up.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat