Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Feel Jipped

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

I Feel Jipped

I visited my local Sprint store / repair center to ask about poor reception in my home. A salesperson told me about the Airave and that if I call Customer Service, I can get one for $135. Being the savvy shopper I am (or thought I was), I bought one on Amazon.com for $50. I set it up and called the Sprint number to activate it. Not once did the Sprint phone rep. state that I would be charged a monthly fee (and the Sprint store salesperson failed to mention it as well).

I've also come to find out that there is a newer, better version of the Airave offered by Sprint (apparently, I have the first revision that is 3 years old). This is my fault for not researching enough, though I am still frustrated overall with having a dated system. What makes things more frustrating is that I am reading in online forums that Sprint is waiving the $4 fee for people who call in and ask for it, and are also shipping these devices out for free to people who complain enough about their cell reception in their homes.

So now I am sitting here with $4.00 more per month I never wanted and with a 3 year old device.

What I would love to see right now is a Sprint representative come in and lay their official policies down for all to see so I know whether or not I am getting a raw deal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Reply to my private message and we will get you the upgraded unit at no cost and waive the monthly fees.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Master

Reply to my private message and we will get you the upgraded unit at no cost and waive the monthly fees.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Done. Thanks! Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i am have the same problem with my phone( Samsung Epic ) in my apartment and i don't even have the Airwave....called customer service several times and they said it was my phone but do'nt have the problem when i am half mile away from apartment complex

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an old, original Airave unit.  It has helped in our house as we essentially get no service otherwise.  I would like to get an upgraded unit to allow both the data services and the 6 line capability.  Is there a way to just replace the older unit with the newer one?  Is there a way to get the monthly charge waived as there is not usable service in the house otherwise?

Highlighted
Master

jTee5 -

If you have premium data phones customer care will usually transfer to tech support to get the new unit. The new unit supports EVDO data which is faster. When you receive the new unit the fee is usually waived.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat