cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Calls Not Ringing with AIRAVE

Highlighted
Journeyman

Incoming Calls Not Ringing with AIRAVE

I have noticed that my Instinct does not ring when I receive a call and I am connected to my AIRAVE. I have watched calls come in. My screen lights up and the box is there to accept or ignore the call. It acts as if I have it on silent. As soon as I get away from my house and I no longer have AIRAVE coverage, it rings fine. Does anyone else have this problem or is there any word when this will be fixed?

33 REPLIES 33
Journeyman

Re: Incoming Calls Not Ringing with AIRAVE

I wonder what is causing your problem. I have the Airave too, got mine this week, and it works just fine with my Instinct. There seemed to be a system problem yesterday for a few hours, kept getting the "All circuits are busy" message. But it is working fine now.

Journeyman

I bought Airave last weekend. Seems pretty good so far. Where do you guys have the box connected? I have bad reception in my basement when working out, playing video games....Before the airave I would drop calls, roam then drop calls. I now have all bars in the basement. The only problem is I only have increased coverage in the basement and In some spots on the first floor. Not on the 2nd floor of the house at all. I'm going to move it to the first floor later today and see if the basement will still have improved coverage or not. My basement coverage is why I bought this but if I can get better reception in the house, the better.

Journeyman

I'm in a ranch/single story house. So the Airave is in my office in about the middle of the house. I got coverage all over my house, and a little bit out side in the back yard. I wanted to restrict the device but found out there is a known problem with that. The documentation says users will be forced over to a regular cell tower. However that does not happen. They get an error message and are denied making phone calls. So, since I have coverage in the house and nothing much outside I unrestricted it so that way if anyone was in my house and using Sprint they could make/receive calls.

Journeyman

I have the exact same problem. I am not sure if it is the...

I have the exact same problem. I am not sure if it is the Airave that has the problem or the phone or a combination of both. I also have another problem when I connect with the Airave...text messages. Whenever receiving text on the Airave, the messages are timestamped to an hour before the actual time. So if I send a text and get a message in return, it almost looks like the person texting me is psychic and can predict what I will ask an hour in advance...haha. Oh, another issue on the Airave is that when I text, sometimes it will say sending for a really long time and then the message will fail to send. OK, so that's my beef with Airave...hopefully we can get these issues resolved. -PEACE

Journeyman

Where either of your problems with incoming calls ever resolved? If so how? I've had the same problem for over 8 months and I am having a field day with sprint trying to resolve the issue.

Journeyman

I dont think its the airave thats the problem, I too have the same problems as everybody with my instinct, except all my incoming calls go straight to voicemail. All my text message are delayed, most of the time by 24 hrs, but the longest delay has been 6 days. My sister has the Palm Pre and she has excellant service. No problems with her phone. Or any other Sprint phone that passes through my house. Just the Instinct. Ive tried calling tech support on the issue and all they ever say to do is reset the phone. Which I have done, many times. You cana reset the darn  thing s many times you want, its still not going to fix the problem. Ive taken the phone to a sprint store and they told me to replace the phone with another one, done that 3 times so far, didnt fix the problem either. I guess we just have to give up on the Instinct...Piece of S***, and just get a different phone. I hear the HTC touch pro 2 is awesome.

Journeyman

Sprint won't accept the fact thats it's a problem between the Airave and the Instinct not functioning together properly. They've swapped out my phone and a month later they want to swap out my Airave. I'm so tired of calling and talking to support and running up to the post office to ship things for them.

Journeyman

I am having the exact same issue with both the ringing as well as the receipt of text messages.  With this many complaints, you would think Sprint would see there IS a problem.

Journeyman

Well, just an update on this issue, I have been dealing with Sprint Executive Services for 2 months now about this. They have sent me a replacement instinct, a newer version of the airave, and tweaking millions of setting from their end, and still no solution. They even wanted me to take my airave and instinct up to the store for technicians to troubleshoot, but they couldn't find a store around me that deals with airaves. I am still arguing with them and they have yet to come up with a solution for me. All I wanted was a different phone and there making this hell for me.

Journeyman

Our experience is the same as already mentioned.  On my wife's Instinct she misses the majority of incoming calls when routing through the Airwave.  I will call home and her phone will ring and then go into voice mail.  I call the home phone and she will tell me the Instinct was by her side and never rang.  I have the HTC Hero and do not experience any issues.  Hummmm

Journeyman

Have you contacted Sprint about this? If not please call ******* (removed contact information for privacy protection). This is the number for a Sprint Executive Services department agent named William. This department is supposed to handle escalated issues.  He is the one currently working on my case for the exact same problem and they have been driving me insane about it for over 2 months. I'm sure if enough people contact him about the same problem, they will have no choice but to replace the phones with a different model. Please help me get my issue resolved and help yourself while your at i

Message was edited by: izzyks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat