cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect DST reference? SMS timestamp one hour off...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Incorrect DST reference? SMS timestamp one hour off...

I presume that the Airave uses a timezone offset based on GMT. Ever since the time changeto DST, the text messages that come through are stamped at one hour earlier whenever I am connected to the Airave. I would guess that it still has the "old" DST schedule (April rather than March).

Has anyone else seen this? I wonder if there is a firmware or change support can apply to resolve this.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Incorrect DST reference? SMS timestamp one hour off...

I just sent myself a test SMS (via the email gateway) and found the same thing. My Treo 650 initially said the correct time on the SMS notification, but when I go look in the SMS at the timestamps, they're an hour off (PST instead of PDT).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Incorrect DST reference? SMS timestamp one hour off...

This is not a new issue. It happened last year too. Apparently it is because some of the Western servers dedicated to the Airave are located in my hometown (Phoenix, AZ). We of course do not do daylight time here in Arizona. For some reason the Airave servers can't seem to adjust to the time change for California based users while at the same time preserving the lack of DST for people in Arizona. But it works just great here in AZ for me. Not that that helps you at all.

The odd thing is that it has no problem with the time zone difference between AZ and CA in the winter, so it wouldn't seem very hard to get them together for the time of the year when there is no time difference between AZ and CA.

An obviously it has no trouble with the time for calls as the time displayed on your phone is correct all year. So it is something in the way the Airave handles SMS from the message center that is screwed up. Sprint knew about this last year and it obviously wasn't corrected, so I wouldn't hold out much hope it gets fixed any time soon, unfortunately.

Message Edited by anthromatt on 05-01-2009 08:24 AM

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat