cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Airave - Updated UDP ports for Airave 1.0 and Airave 2.0

Highlighted
Journeyman

Installation of your AIRAVE® Access Point should be simple plug and play. AIRAVE uses standard ports to connect to the Sprint Network through the Internet. These ports are open by default on the integrated router within the AIRAVE and will not need additional configuration.

If your AIRAVE cannot connect to the Sprint network due to a unique network configuration, you may need to open the following UDP ports on your switch or router that the AIRAVE is connected behind:

Airave (Airave 1.0 Samsung) ports are: 53, 500, 4500, and 52428

Airave Access Point (Airave 2.0 Airvana) ports are: 53, 67, 68, 500, and 4500

Contact your broadband Internet provider, router manufacturer or network administrator for detailed instructions to open ports on your equipment.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm trying to use port triggering in my router. Which of these are inbound ports?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please contact Airave Technical Support at 866-556-7310. They are familiar with different routers connecting to the Airave device and can best advise you on this issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just in case others have an issue with routers and the Airrave device (2.0) and tech support's lack of knowledge about all things router'ish.

I spent several weeks with tech support trying to get mine up and running, tech support even sent out a 2nd device thinking mine was bad or something. It would connect fine for a day, then need to be hard reset to be re-provisioned.

They claimed there were NO ports that needed to be open and it was 100% plug and play. According to aravegirl's post, they were mistaken (all 7 techs I talked to). However, I even put the device in a DMZ zone within the router but even then, after about 24 hours it would lose it's connection and only a reset would re-establish it.

My final solution was to set it up backwards to what someone would expect. And that's to have the cable modem connection go right into the Airrave WAN port, and then my router into the arrrave LAN port. Effectively putting the router after the airrave device. I then went into the Airraves router and removed QOS and placed my router in it's own DMZ as well.  So far no problems other than when the Airrave service goes down without notice.  The only drawback is if the airrave device loses power for even a second or two it can take up to 30 minutes before it's back up, and it seems it's built in router is the last thing to come online, taking my entier network down each time. I even confirmed with tech support that this is by design. (No clue why though),

Highlighted
Journeyman

Like anther poster, I have contacted tech support and they have no clue what you are talking about.  They insist that the airave 2 uses ports 67, 68, 53, 4500 and 3210.  Even though I can see it sending ICMP echo requests and UDP packets on port 500.  I even talked to a supervisor who confirmed this with a floor manager.  It sounds like engineering rolled out updates and didn't bother to tell technical support.

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do you access the router in the airave?

Highlighted
Journeyman

To ensure the best voice and data quality, always connect your AIRAVE® Access Point directly to your broadband modem or other broadband connection device. If you have additional equipment, such as a computer or router, it should be connected through one of the two LAN ports on the back of the AIRAVE.

For more information on proper installation, refer to the Getting Started Guide or User Guide that was included with your AIRAVE. If you cannot locate your guides, please go to Sprint.com and search for Airave Access Point User Guide. If you need additional assistance please contact the dedicated Airave Technical Support team at 866-556-7310 (for activation and technical issues).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Installation of Airave - Updated UDP ports for Airave 1.0 and Airave 2.0

I've called support as well, and they had no idea what ports I should open up.  It was like I was speaking to them in Norwegian (might have had better luck if I really HAD spoken to them in Norwegian).

Very frustrating when you call tech support and get someone who barely passed the "fog the mirror test."

Highlighted
Journeyman

We have an Airave and love it. The best Airave Tech Support (IMO) is the Ft. Lauderdale South FL group. They are available M-F, 8pm-3am ET. Very knowledgeable!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have Fios MI424WR having problem with Mobile light which is amber not red.  I have airave for 3 weeks & spent like 20 hrs Sprint support with no resolution. Pls help. 8x8 meets all requirments but upload is 310kbps...

Pls help

SamHusayni

Highlighted
Journeyman

Perhaps that's the best answer for Airave, but we generally do a lot more with our Internet connections than just use them for Ariave service, and that configuration breaks a lot of other things. What is needed is a set of interoperability/quick install guides for workin with the most common firewalls:

Linksys, D-Link, Netscreen, Sonicwall, Checkpoint would be a good start.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Found a gem for you guys:

http://files.persona.cc/zefie/files/airvana/telnet.html

Didn't see any posts about unlocking/unblocking Telnet on the Airvana but searching around the internet I found that unlock/unblock Telnet can apparently be done.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the complete string from the browser status line because it truncates after http://192.168.17.1/setup.cgi... since my IP address is different so I could access the webpage for the Airvana.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat