cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connectivity issues / signal issues

Journeyman

Internet connectivity issues / signal issues

I have been getting bad signal in several locations. I have called sprint and have done prl and profile updates. I have an Evo 4g LTE and inside get about 1 bar most of the time, and my 3G has been turning to 1X and even cutting out completely. I have talkeds to customer service 2 times (last time yesterday) and now its happening again (getting 1X, choppy 3G, and sometimes even roaming at 2-3 bars. I have done some research and people say "airrave" may help me? Would that help me with my not go great 3G too? I need a fix soon. Sick of calling in to complain and then get it to work to it being broken again. Thanks for any input. Just need to know if this may be something that can help me.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Internet connectivity issues / signal issues

I have the same problem with my Samsung G3 , then I notice a few weeks later that the 4g signal started showing up in the bar at the top , but it would be bouncing between 3g and 4g and I would lose data service with no internet conection could not make a phone call called sprint they told me to turn off the 4g antenna and up date the PRL , ask them about 4g lte in the Los Angeles area they said they are currently testing the service so my thinking is that it is here in Los Angeles, Sprint would not give me any more details about it, my thinking is that the Sprints lte phones are going to go haywire when they start testing 4g lte they will not tell you that but i think that people with lte phones on the sprint network when your phone starts going haywire try turnig off your lte antenna reboot your phones and pressure sprint into telling you if lte is being tested in your city. I know its here in Los Angeles

Journeyman

Well i have never even gotten a 4g lte signal here or anywhere around here. this happens even when im in CDMA only mode(4g off). Its a problem with 3G turning to 1X then dropping in and out sometimes no internet signal at all.

I thought this may be why, but i called sprint a few weeks ago when it started happening. No lte testing is being done in my area. so thats not it

Journeyman

And now I am starting to recieve "double text messages" from various people.

Journeyman

Now I talked to someone at sprint and even got a supervisor to tell me its because of the congestion in my area and they are aware of the issue. He asked if i get any dropped calls and i said, no, just data issues and signal issues, no voice problems. I was just now on a phone call and the call dropped. it was like we were still connected but no one was on the other line. I need reliable service. So now I am calling this supervisor back tomorrow to tell him about my new voice issues. He was nice enough to give me his direct office number if I had any further issues. Will report back.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat