Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Airave worth it??

Journeyman

Is the Airave worth it??

I am having one sent to me as I type this.  I have been having a lot of dropped calls and texts at my home because we have new phones with the old Sprint network.  They said the solution was the Airave.  After reading some of the discussions, I am leary of this.  My home wireless network is working great and I don't want to add a problem.  It sounds like people have to do work-arounds to make everything ok.  Also, it seems like people really are trying to put the Airave after their wireless router even though that is not recommended by Sprint.  I'm not staying on the phone for hours to make this work.  What say ye??????  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

I've found the Airave to be fine.  I just plugged it in to my router like any other device, and it's working fine.  I also did not want to rearrange my router and other devices.  Be aware that you need a nearby window to put the GPS receiver at.  I would also encourage you to wait 24 hours before you pass judgement.  My airave appeared to download updates and reboot itself a couple times in the first few hours.  Since then it's been very solid for me.  My suggestion is to Plug it in before bed the first day you get it and let it run over night.

If it's problematic for you, you can always send it back.  It's worth a try.  Mine has helped a lot.  The batteries on my phones were dying quickly because they were fighting to maintain connection with a weak signal.  Now I have great signal at my house, and my batteries last longer.  That was one of my main complaints. 

Wizard

cdhsah1,

Thank you for your post! Please let me know if there are any specifics with the Airave I can answer.

With a good internet connection the Airave should give you great signal within a 5000 sq/ft radius. I personally use one as well and find it to be hugly helpful in my area of poor coverage. There are some internet service provider hardware that does require some additional steps to get working properly due to different router configurations but we have a talented group available for support in that case.  Most of the time it's as simple as plugging everything in, making sure you have a good GPS line-of-sight to the sky and you're off.

Again please feel free to ask any questions one you receive it and I would be happy to help.

Thank you,

Chris

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat