Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a list of compatible modems for the Airave 2.5 with CenturyLink High-Speed Internet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there a list of compatible modems for the Airave 2.5 with CenturyLink High-Speed Internet?

I have an ActionTec modem. Sprint advanced support told me that this modem is not compatible with the Airave 2.5. Is there a list of compatible modems with both the Airave and CenturyLink high speed Internet?

Thanks.

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Master

Re: Is there a list of compatible modems for the Airave 2.5 with CenturyLink High-Speed Internet?

GeoffQuelch
It is only based on the type of internet provider you use. You can use any modem as long as you have one of these high speed internet providers. Here is the list of the providers: ATT High Speed, Cablevision, Cable One, Century Link, Charter, Comcast, COX, Frontier Communications, Mediacom, Optimum Online, QWEST, Road Runner, SBC, Time Warner, Verizon FIOS, and Windstream. Hope this helps.
Naomi
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Is there a list of compatible modems for the Airave 2.5 with CenturyLink High-Speed Internet?

Not really. My modem is on the supported CenturyLink list but it does not work with the Sprint Airave. I still need to know what modems work with the Airave so I can cross-reference with the supported CenturyLink list.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Master

GeoffQuelch
We don't have a list for the modems we only have a list for the internet providers that would work with the Airave.
Naomi
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks. Where is that list?

Highlighted
Master

GeoffQuelch You are welcome. For more information please visit www.sprint.com/airave

- Christopher S.Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

GeoffQuelch - Is your modem also a router, if so there may be a way to connect your Airave.  If your modem it only a modem and you have a router attached to it, there is a way to connect the Airave 2.5 system, but you will need to make setting changes to the router and the Airave.

Highlighted
Master

BushmanEE, Thanks for posting that helpful information about setting up the Airave 2.5. For more details, you may visit us at sprint.com/airave. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any of your questions and concerns. - Brittany
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

The link you provided did not have a list of modems/routers that are specifically compatible with CenturyLink high speed Internet. Is there a list?

Highlighted
Master

GeoffQuelch

There is no list of compatible modem/routers. There may be some settings that have to be adjusted in your device.

George
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks. I spent an hour on the phone with Sprint advanced tech support and they ultimately said my device was not compatible. Is there then a list of devices that are NOT compatible?

Highlighted
Journeyman

ActionTec C1000A.jpg

Message was edited by: BushmanEE Is this a picture of your modem/router, an Actiontec C1000A - CenturyLink, if so, I have acquired the modem/router screen shots and it would seem that it has specific settings which would need to be changed to use the Airave 2.5.  Without this information you would not be able to make it work, although it should be doable.  

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat