Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a list of compatible modems for the Airave 2.5 with CenturyLink High-Speed Internet?

Highlighted
Master

Re: Is there a list of compatible modems for the Airave 2.5 with CenturyLink High-Speed Internet?

GeoffQuelch,

Once you have a DSL type connection the AIRAVE should work. What LAN port do you have the AIRAVE device plugged into on your modem, 1, 2, 3 or 4?

Stacy
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Is there a list of compatible modems for the Airave 2.5 with CenturyLink High-Speed Internet?

I spent an hour with Sprint advanced technical support and they told me my model of modem/router was not compatible that's why it wasn't working. Hence my question for a list of modem/routers that are or are not compatible so I can buy a new device that will work with the Airave.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay, GeoffQuelch, I think we get the point that you are trying to make, and I also spent time on the phone with Sprint's Advanced support and found out that when it came to the Airave 2.5, they are not being supplied with all of the information needed by Sprint to resolve these issues, because there is vary little information available.  Notwithstanding, they do the best they can with what they have, whereby I have added as much information that I have learned from supporting complex systems over many years of support of this kind.  Sometimes the person that attempts to resolve your problems can not do so because those who they are trying to help, cannot help them with information gathering and sometimes support needs support.

Nevertheless, since you are accessing this website, I would assume that you have internet ability, therefore, regardless of your previous posting, have you resolved your problems with the Airave, or not?  If not, can you provide me with the information I have requested in a previous post?  If your modem/router is the one which I suspect, Sprint support persons may not have the information to available to make your Airave work properly.

So besides being frustrated, can you provide me with the information I asked for or not?

Thank you in advance, for your replay.        

Highlighted
Master

BushmanEE, thanks for stepping in here.  GeoffQuelch, we don't have a list of routers that are NOT compatible but we should be able to run your router/modem through the list of those that are.  If BushmanEE isn't able to help, let us know what's on your shopping list.  We'll be happy to let you know if it'll work. - Christy

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Master

BushmanEE, Thanks for your input and enthusiasm. If you have any questions we can assist you with, please let us know.

- Andrew
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks. My current device is an Actiontec GT784WN. I don't have another modem so will need to buy a new one that will work with the Airave.

Highlighted
Master

GeoffQuelch - We appreciate you keeping us posted. We're so sorry to hear about what has been happening. We would be more than welcome to look into this situation for you. Please provide the subject line of the PM that you sent to us. We'll be able to access your PM for further research. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you for being so patient. - Kayan Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

GeoffQuelch, you probably won't have to buy another modem, because the Actiontec GT784WN, is modem/router combination.  I shall add all of the documentation I have been able to put together, which may help, you and/or Sprint Airave 2.5 support to get you going.  First the Airave 2.5 needs to be setup as access point and not as a router.  I am assuming that the GT784WN is currently working with your computer(s) and you are able to access the internet.  If so, all that you would need to do is reset the Airave 2.5 to its original factory settings, but there may be at least one setting that will need to be made on the Airave 2.5, and that is to open all ports to allow for TCP/UDP ports to pass information  through.  For the GT784WN router the default IP address should be 192.168.0.1, which is the default gateway, and how you would access the routers menu system, and on page 8 of the Airave 2.5 PDF document which I have created and added below, as an attachment, will show an example of what that setting should look like.  The default setting on the Airave 2.5 should be set to DHCP, when you plug a cable into the WAN port of the Airave 2.5 and connect it to your router in one of the free ports on the back of your router.  The GT784WN router should also default to DHCP, and provide the Airave 2.5 with a dynamic IP address an d also set the Subnet Mask and DSN addresses.  By plugging in the cables in this manor your Airave may not work until you access its menu and make that one change as indicated above.  The default settings on the Airave 2.5 have the outbound TCP/UDP settings to allow any access, but what I found is that the Inbound Services blocks all connections, it would be advantageous for sprint to preset the Inbound services to allow all traffic, but when the Airave is used as a router, it might cause problems.

The reason why the Airave 2.5 should be setup as a n access point, is its router only handles100 mbps and most of the high speed systems today can handle higher speeds, like your GT784WN, which can handle 300 mbps, and to setup the Airave as a primary router, wold slow down the system.

You may still need to have Sprint Airave support help you with some of these settings, and if you get someone who is not that familiar with this procedure, just ask to see if there is anyone else who can help you.

There is no reason why your modem/router will not work with the Airave 2.5.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here are the additional files which may help with this router:

Highlighted
Journeyman

Additional PDF files:

Also if there are any specific questions, post them and we can work from there.

Highlighted
Master

BushmanEE,

Thank you for sharing that information.

- Jewel
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat