cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Wifi / Apps won't download - youtube won't work

Journeyman

Issues with Wifi / Apps won't download - youtube won't work

I just got my Airave 2.5 last week, however, I'm having a strange issue that started this friday.

My current setup: Time Warner Cable RR Modem --> Airave 2.5 --> Netgear N600 Wireless router.

My phone: HTC EVO 4G LTE

On friday I noticed that while connected to the wifi apps from the play store won't download or update. Also youtube videos won't load on the phone. As soon as I switch to the 3g on the Airrave it works fine.

Also, when I disconnect the Airave and connect the modem directly to the router everything works perfectly, except of course my cell phone signal is non-existant (hence the purpose of the Airave in the first place).

I've unplugged and powercycled everything numberous times. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

22 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Issues with Wifi / Apps won't download - youtube won't work

Hello sai_iii, when you have it connected Modem>Airave>Router , and have wifi enabled on the phones are you able to access the web using something like your PC/Tablet while you cannot on phone?

Journeyman

My laptop accesses the web just fine.

In fact, my phone does as well, I'm able to access the web and update facebook, etc. The only things that don't work (that I have noticed so far) are: apps won't download in play store, youtube videos won't load, and live stream from the nbc olympics app doesn't work. I can search in all mentioned apps fine.

I'm also having the same issues with my android tablet.

Wizard

if you are having the same problem on your tablet then it may be a problem with your internet connection, or with google. have you changed your router's settings at some point?

Journeyman

No, I have changed nothing except adding the Airave. I have tried diconnecting the Airave and connecting the modem directly to the router (Modem -->Wifi Router) and everything works perfectly through wifi. I only encoutner this issue when I go modem -->Airave --> router.

Wizard

I was able to grab one of these phones in an attempt to duplicate this, when I connect to a WiFi access point (which does not have an airave connected in any way) Youtube will not load a video, and Play Store takes a long time to start the download. If I switch to 3G Youtube, and Play are working fine & normal. I am told that the problem may be on Google's side. I also noticed that this seems to correlate to a recently reported problem where Youtube videos would not load via 3G, but worked fine in 4G/WiFi. I will postback with any details.

Journeyman

Thanks! I look forward to what you are able to find!

Journeyman

I just uboxed my Airave 2.5 and am having the exact same issues. Prior to the Airave I used my wireless network to download/update seemlessly but had little signal for phone calls. Now I have the Airave and have signal, but am having problems downloading any updates.

There is a known issue that Google Play is having on the Sprint Network: http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2683475

HOWEVER, I didn't have this problem prior to the Airave. So I'm wondering if, when the Airrave is turned on, for some reason the phone doe snot use the wireless network or the Airrave trumps the wireless signal so it doesn't download/update aps?

Journeyman

I have the same problem.  I received my Airave a week ago, and I cannot stream youtube from my phone or tablet.  It searches the web fine, but PLEASE GIVE US A FIX FOR THIS ISSUE.  Thanks!

Journeyman

+1 installed the Airave 2.5 two days ago and have the same YouTube issue on my mobile devices (Evo 4G and iPad 2). Google Market downloads and updates work fine and my PC LAN connection works fine as far as I can tell. I'm sure it is the Airave since I've tested the router without the Airrave no problems, and tested 3G without the Airrave no problems. The problem only appears with the Airave in the loop. When I try to use the WiFi with Airave connected, no YouTube (Evo 3G and iPad 2). When I turn off the Wifi and use the 3G through the Airave, no YouTube (Evo 3G)

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.