cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Wifi / Apps won't download - youtube won't work

22 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Issues with Wifi / Apps won't download - youtube won't work

I have had our Airave for over a year. I recently purchased a new tablet and found that I couldn't download or update apps or watch youtube.  However, I could do all these things anywhere else with WiFi.  I called Sprint thinking it may be the Airave but they told me "No" the Airave wouldn't interfere with the WiFi. Stupid me - I believed them. Spoke to my IT tech and we started troubleshooting. Process of elimination as you might say. I bought a new router. Nope - same issue. In the back of my mind I kept thinking the Airave must be the culprit as that is the only thing I have that all the other WiFi locations didn't. But instead I called my cable provider thinking it was the modem. I was told the modem had no blockers to prevent downloads, etc. I googled specifically "My tablet won't download or update at home but will on other WiFi".  VOILA!!   Up came the link to Spint Community about the same exact issue.  Went home - in less than 5 minutes I had the cables changed around:  modem, router then Airave and rebooted. Everything works!!! YAY.  Thanks so much for your post because no one could help me everywhere I called.

BTW - If you call Sprint you may not get the help you need.  Seems like you always need to "Google" when you are in need of help.

Journeyman

I have tried this and when I do it I can access youtube videos, but when I make a call my phone doesn't connect using the airave.  I think I can only access youtube because it is using my wireless network, it is not going throught he airave.  The top 2 lights also stay flashing red, mobile/network.  The Broadband and GPS lights do light up green.  I have tried pushing the reset button on the back, unplugged it for a while, all with the same result.  The only way it connects to make a call is if I switch it back so the airave is between my modem and router.

Journeyman

Journeyman

You need to search for my posted solution to this issue.  Basically you have to run the cables through the modem first and back to the Rave.  Just the opposite of the directions say for the Rave.  Good luck and let me know if this works for you, be sure to try and find the solution post I made, it has worked flawlessly for me and at a couple of other folks who took the time to let me know.

Journeyman

I have the exact same issue.

Journeyman

Look at this link for the solution that worked for me:  http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/116423

Journeyman

I am experiencing the same issue of not being able to download apps when using the Airave at home.  I have tried the suggested method of switching the order, placing the Airave after the modem.  I have tried to do this but when I do the Airave lights are green for the broadband and gps, but red on the network and mobile keeps flashing red.  When I switch it back to the way I had it everything goes back to green.  Any idea on what the issue might be?  I tried pushing the reset button also but it didn't help.

Journeyman

Also found the same solution (putting the Airave AFTER the router) to be the only thing that would work-  Got faked out slightly because I changed to a new router around the same time frame as adding the Airave 2.5 and assumed it was a router issue.  I agree that Sprint should be more aware of this as it goes directly against all their installation instructions.  Further, it doesn't just impact Sprint devices- other non-Sprint mobile devices experienced the same problem (YouTube and the Apple Store) as long as they were trying to connect over the Wi-Fi.

Journeyman

To change the way the Airave is in line got mine to works now. Thanks for the info Pastorcyle and Marco0669

Journeyman

I just got the same Air rave 2.5.  Had the same issues you had.  Call in to Sprint Air rave support.  Answer given was to connect Modem to Router to Air rave.  Problem solved with no call issues with Air Rave.  You tube and everything works on wifi and on 3G on Air rave.  Hope this helps.