cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with the Sprint Airave

SOLVED
Wizard

Re: Issues with the Sprint Airave

What are the lights on the Airave showing?

Journeyman

@ky158151

I can now give you a follow up on your update to my Airvana. After one week, my phone is not only roaming inside my house, it won't complete an outgoing call. It cuts the call before the recipients phone rings....*99 call to determine if you are in range doesn't work. I have rebooted my modem, the router and the Airvana to no success.

Can you please advise on what the "Wizard behind the green curtain" at Sprint is doing?  Premium phone, monthly premium data fee, Airvana and nothing!...I may need to do like my millenial children - run away from Sprint to the competition.

Sorry for my less than amicable tone.

Wizard

Try to powercycle your device while it is on top of the Airave unit.

Journeyman

I have a iPhone 5 and airave. All the lights are on and appear to be working. It worked for 2 hours when I first installed it but now it never works. I've even called this lady and she she remotely reseted it and had me un plug it but she never called back. I get full bars after I toggle airplane mode but then I dial *99 and they disappear. I have tried this on my wife iphone 5 as well. I've scrapped the web for info or help but not much there. Please help me

P.s. I even ##update# and turned off phone.

Wizard

Please send me a private message with your MAC ID for your Airave and I will see if there is anything I can do.

Journeyman

I am having all sorts of issues with my Airave and my SG3. It was fine when I first set it up, but my god, now I hardly ever have texts that work, and half the time my phone doesn't even ring and goes straight to voicemail or people get a fast busy signal when they call. I work out of my home being fully disabled and I count on messages and my phone being available. That's why I bought the airave in the first place. Now, when I'm home, my phone is basically unusable. This is not happening with my wife's Evo 4G, just my SG3. Any help would be definitely appreciated!! I really don't want to change carriers to verizon as I am generally happy with Sprint and give them almost 200 bucks a month for a good family plan, but if I can't get this issue solved, I won't have a choice.

Highlighted
Wizard

I am sorry for the frustration that this is causing, but we are working on a permanent resolution with the new firmware update.

Journeyman

Thank you for the update ky158151.

The timestamp is OK now, but the issue of some messages not being received, while others are received multiple times, continued yesterday.

My test of 10 messages today was OK.  Yesterday's test (several failures) is documented 4 messages above this one.

Wizard

We are awaiting a firmware update for the Airave to permantly fix the SMS text message problem.

Wizard

You are welcome, let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.