cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got a replacement Airave. Notice it's different. Any help?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got a replacement Airave. Notice it's different. Any help?

Hey guys, I've had the Airave since launch. Model: SPDSC26USC. The ESN info is on the bottom of the device, and the Sprint Airave/Samsung sticker is on the bottom as well. On "Left" side of the device(when you stand it up and look at the front where the lights are) has a sticker saying "For technical support, go to........"

This new one I got which is a refurbished unit, Model: SCS-26UC. On the bottom is one big sticker from Sprint Airave/Samsung (no ESN info on bottom like my original one). On the "Left" side (like I mentioned above, from my old one) has a indention for a sticker to go, and in that indention, is the ESN information. It DOES say SKU: SPDSC26UCS, like the one above.

Anyways, are there any differences? I see there is a slight indention on the left side panel, and those Model number differences.

Thanks guys!

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Just got a replacement Airave. Notice it's different. Any help?

For all intents and purposes, there is virtually no significant difference between the two Airaves....at least not as far as you'd be concerned.

The product should simply work regardless.  If it doesn't, THEN there is an issue that you need to discuss with Sprint (at least their tech support dept).

Journeyman

Well yeah, I understand that much. I'm talking about hardware or internal software differences/upgrades/updates.

As far as I know, it should be the same hardware...maybe some tweaked software, but that's about it.

It's not as if Sprint gave you an upgraded Airave that is capable of EVDO data service.  It's just 1xrtt, and it allows up to 3 users to place calls via the Airave instead of a local Sprint tower.

However, again, I bow to the more technical guys on here that can provide you far more info on the Airave than I ever could.  So, hopefully one of them will chime in too.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat