cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's chat about how much AirRave sucks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Let's chat about how much AirRave sucks!

This has got to be the most unpredicatable pice of garbage I've ever used. It may only work 3 days a week. When I called Sprint and then AirRave of course they blamed my internet connection. I inturn told them that I'm not having any problems with my internet but still no help. 

Does anybody know if having consistant trouble like this is ground for breaking the contract and moving on to a better company???

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Wizard

The Airave is an accessory to help with service, you cannot use it as an excuse to break a contract.

My Airave works just fine, I had a few problems with it when I first got it but since then it's been great. Have you tried taking it to a service center? The reps you talked to are correct, most of the time the issue is with your internet connection. Some ISPs will block the ports that the Airave is using, or throttle the speeds through them which will lower the service you are getting.

Highlighted
Journeyman

While you cannot break your contract because your AirRave does not work, you CAN expect that you will get cell phone coverage in your home. Sprint should probably agree to end your contract if you cannot get acceptable coverage in your house and the AirWave does not work.

You need to call Customer Service and discuss the issue with them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Airave works great too...I also had a few issues in the beginning but since then all has been great...the airave will need to be "powercycled" from time to time to keep it running at its best which is no different from any and every cell phone out there as well as with every computer out there. Try calling customer care and ask to be transferred directly to Airave support and they have a multitude or things to try to get it working like it should...however if you are too far from an actual Sprint tower it will not work for you but if that was the case they would have never sent and or sold you an Airave to begin with...

Highlighted
Journeyman

All green lights on my Airave and, 3 Samsung Intercepts, and 1 Evo will   not connect to the Airvana Airave. The Blackberry Style will sometimes   connect to it so I know it works sometimes. Even with all Green lights   on it. I have Modem-Airave-Router. My friends Sprint phones will not  connect either. I have ran a VOIP quality test and got good results. I  have spent ours on the phone with Airave support with no fix. Can they  send me out a new Airave as I think this one is just broken? Any other  fixes?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't know if you are meaning that all these are trying to connect at the same time or not, but the airave only allows 3 sprint user phones to connect at one time.  By connect, I am meaning using the airave to place or receive a call.  Just FYI.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually the new Airave Access Point will allow 6 phones to connect at one time the first Samsung Airave only could support up to 3 phones in use at one time...to me it sounds like the issue you are having is that your preference settings for the airave on sprint.com are set to restricted which is ok if you entered all of the numbers that you want to have access to it

Highlighted
Wizard

ONEWOLFF1, as others said, just because the device is not working properly (either defective or human error), it can not be used to break contract.  However, it is considered a breach of contract on Sprint's end when they do not provide adequate coverage.  Getting the Airave is evidence of that.  I hope you got it free, but if you paid for it, return it asap for full refund.

(Only after trying all options to correct the issues.)

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat