Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locate Airave in my neighborhood

Highlighted
Journeyman

Locate Airave in my neighborhood

Hello,

I belive that someone in my neighborhood has an Airave because when I go to make a call on my EVO I get three beeps as it initiates the call.  While we have spotty coverage in our neighborhood and I wouldn't necessairly mind hooking onto someones femtocell, we are on the ragged edge of their range and cannot maintain a call for more than a minute or two before being dropped.  As you can imagine, this is extremely frustrating.

Is there a way to use a signal locator to find the femtocell?  Alternatively, is there a way I can force my phone to disconnect from it before I make a call?

I am starting to go door to door to locate the owners and get them to lock everyone out of their device, but that is a bit of a tedious process.  Interestingly enough, I've found that I'm not the only one having this issue in my neighborhood. I have called Sprint to see if they could give me any help in locating them, but they are either not willing to say or don't have that information.

Thank you for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Locate Airave in my neighborhood

The range should be within 75 feet or near that range. I really dont know of a tool to locate them without accessing acccounts and looking for them. So it is a close neighbor -

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Thanks Larry.  With the range information, that narrows the culprit houses significantly.

Dave

Journeyman

Found an android app that will tell you exactly where the airrave is located and will identify it onscreen showing the  device, signal strength and compass direction to the device.  Hope this helps out, it is a free app calle OpenSignal ( Android market)

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat