cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Airvana/Airave issue!

Journeyman

My Airvana/Airave issue!

I've scoured over alot of post and there is a plethera of information on the airvana/ airave having various issues. However I couldn't find any quit like my issue so here we go. I have my FEMTOCELL configured per booklet instruction. To clarify I mean modem > FEMTOCELL > router. Everything green and the bars on my cell phone fall on the floor because there are so many! woohooo.. But guess what happens (it's always to good to be true) My wireless printer immediately goes offline and will not function unless I disconnect the FEMTOCELL and set up the basic modem > router configuration. Not to mention that I cannot use my work computer at home on my PTO day with consistency because it will simply kick me off line causing me to have to log in every 20 - 30 minutes or so. So that's my story. Any suggestions?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

My Airvana/Airave issue!

EASYTEE68,

I apologize for the issue that you're experiencing at the moment. I own a wireless printer and I also own an Airave and haven't experienced this issue. Where is your printer in conjunction with the Airave? I know this sounds quite basic and chances are that you've probably already tried this, but have you tried moving your printer? If not, try moving it and let me know if that corrects the issue.

Regards,

William

SprintCares Social Media Team

Master

My Airvana/Airave issue!

If your Airave and your printer are fighting you need to do the following - advanced tech support or Google can help -

Here are instructions for a Linksys router- I Googled the term "How to set up a dmz yourroutermanufacturer "

http://www.ehow.com/how_5901214_configure-dmz-linksys.html

I will monitor your reply

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

My Airvana/Airave issue!

Ok I understand all those instructions but will that solve the issue of being knocked off line while working on my work computer from home? As of right now the Airvana is not connected. I can't use my phone unless I'm kneeling in the corner of the room eating an apple with one foot in the sky but oh well right!

Journeyman

My Airvana/Airave issue!

You know on second thought should I have to go through all of this to aquire a signal for my cell phone in my home? Why does the Airvana act as a router when all I actually need is a signal boost for my cell phone while I'm in my home? I never had any issues with my wireless connection until I hooked up this FEMTOCELL. Now you are telling me to configure my network which in turn could possible create an intrusion. This can't be the only option...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat