cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No WAN light on airave.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No WAN light on airave.

I recently got a airave in the mail and proceeded to set it up, but didnt get far. I connected everything like it should be and the system light started flashing. I left the house for 2 hours expecting for it to be finished setting up by the time I returned. When I got back the power light was blue the system and gps lights were red and the WAN light was not on. I tried restarting my router, modem, changed the cord nothing worked. I know the cord is working cause it works fine if I put it in my laptop. When I cycle the power on the airave the WAN light comes on for a sec then goes back out. Called sprint and they had me try everything that I had already done and told me another airave would be in the mail. Anyone have any ideas as to what may have caused this or may fix this?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: No WAN light on airave.

Just Connect Airave to internet using your modem and not the router to see if the problem could be the router or not.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried bypassing the router and connected the airave directly to the modem....still nothing. Actually that was one of the 1st things I tried.

Highlighted

what is speed or your internet?
what isp do you use?

Journeyman

I dont know the exact speeds, but it must be pretty good cause I play my 360 online with no lag on a regular basis. I have cable internet, comcast to be exact.

Highlighted

take a voip speedtest.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did the spped test and the results are

16.31 Mb/s down

4.49 Mb/s  up

I dont think the problem is my internet. I think it is actually the airave. The wan light is not on at all and neither is the the light on my router for that port.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If the WAN light does not turn blue, almost without question it's caused by 1 of 2 things.  Switch ethernet cables out and see if this toggles the light.  Try a few different ports to eliminate that possibility. If it's not the cable, usually we're looking at a bad Airave or a bad ethernet port on the Airave.  But, just in case, check your router settings and see if an IP is being assigned to a device labeled as "(none)" with a MAC beginning in 0016 .  This would be for the off-chance that it's just the WAN LED that's not functioning.

If that still doesn't get it, PM me your Airave MAC ID and I'll see what we can do about a replacement unit.

GD

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat