ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No YouTube on network after installing Airave?

Journeyman

No YouTube on network after installing Airave?

After installing the Airave into my network installation, YouTube completely stopped working, giving me the same message every time I try to play a video: "An error occurred. Please try again later." This happens on all devices on my home wi-fi network: desktop computer, laptop, two Android phones and a tablet.  I tried bypassing the Airave and YouTube worked fine again. Also I'm pretty sure the device is throttling my download speed. Are there any fixes for this?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: No YouTube on network after installing Airave?

I am having the exact same issue.  EVERY SINGLE one of my phones does the same thing. 

Is there a solution to this?  It's ridiculous, I have spent no less then 20 hours working on this and Sprint refuses to acknowledge there is an issue.  It worked fine two weeks ago before I installed the updated airrave box. 

Journeyman

Same here. And I'm not surprised Sprint hasn't responded with a fix. Without Air Rave, I have no bars or at the most 2 bars (if I move to the window) on my cell phone at home. Ridiculous.

I hate Sprint more and more, as time passess... can't wait for my contract to expire.

Journeyman

I fixed this by changing the DNS on my iPhone and iPad.  You go into settings-wi if-pick your network then you will see the DNS.  Change that number to: 208.67.222.222 and that should do it.

Journeyman

Jesus.  I switched mine to the google public dns servers and youtube works fine now.  what the hell....  oh, those IPs are 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

Journeyman

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/116423 Follow this link for my solution to this issue, it is still working fine.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat