cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Access?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Open Access?

I called Sprint today, for some reason I could not add my Spint cell number to the Airave, so I can use it as a closed access. I was told buy the Airave support person "We are having issues with Airave, we have disabled the closed access to Airave's" "the issue is when someone with Sprint service is near an Airave, they are unable to use there cell phone, they get a message "you are connected to a secure network please move away from that network".  So my understanding of Airave is, when connected to Airave you are using VOIP, which uses up my designated amount of gigabits use provided to me by my Internet service provider.  If Sprint has decided to Open up Airave to all, then there should be no monthly fee for it, since I'm extending there network, they should pay me..

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

They told me the same thing today. I just posted a note in the Premier Community Forum about it. Aside from loaning backhaul to anyone over your personal Internet connection, I'm concerned that some bad guy will make a call resulting in having my door kicked in when they think he's in my house rather than on the street.

Femtocells are a brilliant development, and I don't wish to discourage the idea.

I do think that it's irresponsible of Sprint to disable this feature without prominently posting customer notice somewhere, say like the page where you set restrictions for an Airave.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat