Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Airave 2.5 for Virgin Mobile

Highlighted
Journeyman

Setting up Airave 2.5 for Virgin Mobile

I just purchased an Airave 2.5 online. It's never been used before. When I set it up, I am getting solid green lights for Broadband and GPS, a solid red light for Network, and a blinking red light on Mobile. I know the troubleshooting booklet says to call Airave support, but I was half hoping I could get some help here - outside of business hours. I have a DSL modem with a built-in router.

I'm wondering if I can for sure get this to work with my Virgin Mobile phone. I had read a couple of forums from 2012 about VM phones just not connecting to the Airave and was hoping there has since been a fix for their problems. We have two VM phones in our apartment.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master

Re: Setting up Airave 2.5 for Virgin Mobile

thomastripp - Thank you for reaching out to us in the matter. Have you called and had this device added to the account? If it is not, this could be the reason for the solid red light for the Network. The blinking red light on Mobile will only turn green when the Network light is green. - Nyyota
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't have a Sprint account, only VM. Will I need to apply for a service package, or can I register the Airave using my VM account?

Highlighted
Master

thomastripp,

Thank you for that information. In order for the Airave device to be active and working, you would have to apply for services through Sprint network. I'm here to help.

Shantoya
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

What is required minimum? I don't exactly intend to switch my phone service, because I like prepaid, but can we sign me up for an account without a service plan?

Highlighted
Master

thomastripp

Please visit this link so that we can address this issue as soon as possible. http://bit.ly/1qQty1X
Shantoya
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay, I sent a PM with attention to you, Shantoya. Thank you for your help.

Highlighted
Master

I understand. Thanks for reaching out to us. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free.

Regards,

Pamela
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat