cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup instructions for Airave behind a router

Journeyman

Re: Setup instructions for Airave behind a router

Thank you for this post, I switched my Airave from being in front of my router to behind it successfully!

I didn't follow step 4, though. I just setup a static IP for the Airave as jaunas stated and reserved that IP address with the Airave MAC address under my router settings.

Once I forwarded the ports, all lights were green and the Airave tested succesfully!

Hopefully this provides me with a more stable internet connection now, as the Airave seemed to like to reboot at times.

Journeyman

What do I do about the DNS field under Setup? Won't let me apply anything without putting something in the primary DNS field at least.

Journeyman

Vivix,

Try typing in the same ip address as in default gateway.

I will have to check my setup tonight. 

js

Journeyman

This thread has been very helpful. I have configured the AIRAVE and my router as described above and I now have a solid green LED for Broadband and GPS.   From the Diagnostics page on the Airave I can ping an outside address.   My problem is that the Mobile LED is flashing green and I don't have the Airave service. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

bjdowell

Journeyman

Should I bother using your guide if my airave works (except I just started experiencing the incoming calls going to VM problem)? My dsl modem and router are combined, so I don't have the option of putting the airave between the two. Haha

Journeyman

Works instantly! I hooked it up to my router - just using an open port on the back of the router (rather than routing all internet through the airave) and it works perfectly, instantly.  4-5 bars inside the house, 1-3 bars outside.  It switches between networks so seamlessly that I don't even realize when its going from the airave to the regular tower. -Ken, Naples, FL Affordable Trapping

Highlighted
Journeyman

Below is the link for the ports to forward according to the sprint website.  

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Know_if_you_need_to_enable_additional_ports_on_your_router...Smiley Very Happy

Journeyman

I just connect the Ethernet cable between WAN on Airave and one port of my wireless router.

Initially, the mobile light still blink. Later I configured my wireless router to enable ports 53, 500, 4500 and 52428 as indicated in the article:

http://www.nextel.com/assets/pdfs/en/services/sprint_airave_faqs.pdf

It works fine now. No need to do anything described by your post.

Journeyman

To get my airave to work after a router - I just assigned a static address and had the router set that address to DMZ - the airave is just fine . . . people new to the airave need to know that the airave can take 5 to 20 minutes from reset/power to being "ready"

After reading lijunsprint's reply, I'll try turning DMZ off and enable those ports as listed for kicks :-)

Sprint Employee

When we were trained to support the Airave unit we were told to allow 2 hours for initialization, and network provisioning depending on your Quality of service levels, and other statistics it may take longer than 20 minutes. in case anybody is interested we also have been asked to check for these ports TCP 5060 & 5061, UDP 53, 67, 68, 500, & 4500. we also look for Jitter to be less than 5ms, packet loss less than 1%, Quality of service above 80%, download over 1Mbps, Upload over 350 Kbps.  Considering all of this the simplest answer would be to connect the unit directly to your modem instead of after the router, the Airave supports change to MAC authentication, and PPPOE.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.