cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint to shut off Airave 1?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint to shut off Airave 1?

I spoke to sprint the other day and they and according to sprint they are going to be shutting down all of the Samung airaves soon, does anyone know of a date?  My samsung airave works 10 times better than an airvana and I really dont want to loose it. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

stillzy,

Thanks for posting. I haven't heard anything about us shutting of service but I will be happy to find out.

Who with Sprint were you speaking with, a store?

Thank you,

Chris

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well what happend was I had the Airave 2.  It was acting up so i was able to obtain an Airave 1.  When i first called sprint i got sent to airave tech support where the first person told me that he couldnt activate due to the fact that in a couple of months that they were going to shut off the airave 1.  I called back in frustration and spoke to another tech who told me the same thing, but activated the airave 1 but wants to call me back at a later date to troubleshoot the airave 2.  Frankly I am enjoying the airave 1 since it does exactly what i want it to do.  I am supposed to get a call back on wednesday about them putting me back on the airave 2 to troubleshoot, but at this time i do not want to switch back due to everything working the way it should.  Any insight is greatly appreacited.

-Erik

Highlighted
Journeyman

noooo... not true however they dont make them no more....  and if they device to shut them down.. trust me they will let u know..

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat