cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden Airave Outage

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sudden Airave Outage

I was sitting at my desk when I happened to glance over at my Airave. Randomly, the blue system and GPS lights went out and began flashing. The system light flashes slowly while the GPS light alternates between flashing really fast and not flashing at all (but still red). I'm using the external GPS antenna and have not had a problem until now... Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Sudden Airave Outage

insunchong wrote:

I was sitting at my desk when I happened to glance over at my Airave. Randomly, the blue system and GPS lights went out and began flashing. The system light flashes slowly while the GPS light alternates between flashing really fast and not flashing at all (but still red). I'm using the external GPS antenna and have not had a problem until now... Any suggestions?

Unplug airave from internet and power for 10 minutes then plug airave back in

Also check your external GPS antenna

what about light for Wan on airave blue or red?

Message was edited by: VorlessDarkChaos

Journeyman

Mine just now did the same thing. It's been running with all blue lights since July. Now, the GPS light is solid red and System is blinking red. The LAN is blue.

I will try what you suggested.  I have not needed the external GPS antenna, so it is not connected.

The only thing unusual about today is that we got a light dusting of snow and some sleet.

Journeyman

Re-setting the Airave worked.

Thanks!

dickday wrote:

Re-setting the Airave worked.

Thanks!

No Problem

Journeyman

I know that Windows is subject to memory leaks from apps that don't release memory when done and should be re-booted every so often.  Should the Airave also be re-started every now and then?

yes Sprint Airave should be restarted every
once in a while. before i left for work i turn off my
Sprint Airave and my Zone Alarm Router.

Message was edited by: VorlessDarkChaos

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat