cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three blinking amber lights on Airave

Highlighted
Journeyman

Three blinking amber lights on Airave

The Airave has been sketchy since we got it, but it seemed that all it previously needed was a click of the 'reset' button and we'd get the three beeps when we made calls in our home. Now it seems that the device is blinking amber on Voicemail, Mobile and Ethernet, with no service whatsoever, resetting and hard resetting have no effect. I have recently replaced my cable modem, but it was working for a while on that modem before this started occurring.

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Three blinking amber lights on Airave

M_Teske,

I'd be glad to assist you! First, I'd like to ask a few questions. When you did the reset for the Airave, did you also reset the cable modem? Also, are you experiencing any reception issues outside the home? If you'd like, I can also check out the nearby towers to see if there is anything else that may be affecting the Airave, and in that case, I would need your Zip code and nearest cross streets. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Toya

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Thanks for the reply!

We're not having any sort of reception issues outside of the normal 3G-ish speeds, which is why we have the Airave. Our closest cross street is RT.25 and Butterfield Rd. at 60542.

As for the reset, when I installed the new cable modem, I hard reset everything.

Thanks!

Journeyman

Thanks for responding back and providing the location info. The nearest tower, which is a mile away is showing normal activity as are the nearest towers. A blinking ethernet light means that there is an internet connectivity issue. The typical setup chain is Modem > Airave> Router/Computer. Try reversing the setup as Modem > Router/Computer > Airave, (or reverse to Modem >Airave>router/computer if it is setup this way, and then reset and test it.

If the problem is still persistent, check with the ISP to ensure there are no issues with them.  As far as the blinking amber mobile which means no service, the reverse setup may help with this as well. I went ahead and sent out a report to our technicians to have a look at those towers to be on the safe side. Let me know if this helps. Thanks.

Toya

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

just did a look up in my area for the use of the airave and over the map it says this  "Great news! You will be able to use the AIRAVE Access Point in the areas displayed below. However, there is no coverage for the AIRAVE at this location yet." that tells me i could get one but it would be useless is this true?

Journeyman

Sorry it's been a while, but I did change up the setup of the Airave, and I'm still getting the blinking lights. I had it powered down for a day, then reset the whole network with the modem>Airave>router setup. The blinking lights continued, and we lost wi-fi in the house, it didn't return until I removed the Airave.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat