Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching YouTube Over Wireless on Airave Won't Work

SOLVED
34 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Watching YouTube Over Wireless on Airave Won't Work

I Did the same thing and it seemed to work out great ..both up and down speeds seems to good as they were before and i still have great service with my cell threw out my house

wondering if the people that are having there problems with upload speed might somehow open up the port on the router in which the airrave uses I am no tech person but maybe one of the people here would know how to do it better then me

Journeyman

this is how I set mine up, I plugged my internet into my Motem, then to the airave then to my router. I have had no issues al all.... Sorry your having this trouble, It would seem if you continue to have this problem it would be most likely due to band width supplied by your ISP. You may have to upgrade your ISP or get an upgraded Modem.

Until my power supply went to day then I had to disconnect my airave all together.

Journeyman

I just spoke with Advance Airave support and they assured me that the manufacturer is working on a firmware update...She could not give me a due date, but from the sound of this forum it won't be anytime soon....

Journeyman

Apparently they have no plans of fixing this problem because it has been ongoing for over a year. I have been very dissapointed with Sprint's support of the AirRave 2.5. I spent about an hour on the phone with their support with no suggestion other than placing the airrave after my router which is not a good idea because it can have a horrible impact on call quality. I eventually found on my own how to set up QoS (Quality of Service) on the airRave and at least I now have my full download and upload speeds that I am paying for. That just leaves me with the Youtube and other streaming video player errors. I'm almost positive there are AirRave Router settings that can be made to fix this issue with youtube, but it seems like noone at Sprint Support has any idea how it works or they would have given us a solution by now. I work in IT and will be asking some of my network counterparts for some help and will post the solution if there is one.

Journeyman

Tom this is in fact a problem with the air rave 2.5!!  I set it up per instructions Modem to airrave airrave to router and every device on my linksys router now has an error message on youtube. I have been emailing youtube all week about this so tonight I realized its only been since I hooked the new airrave up. I went back to my old airrave wiring  Modem to router, routher to airrave and WOW I can wathc youtube again.  and it is not connection speeds (downloads) that a re a problem as I can download 20+ mbps from comcast.  Can we expect this to be resolved?

Journeyman

Here is my solution still working for some time now:http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/116423

Journeyman

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/59464

is a pretty good walkthrough for putting it behind your router, which should fix that problem.

Journeyman

Did not realize the installation of the airrave coincided with the problems we began experiencing while trying to play videos on You Tube.  Bought a new DVD player yesterday and tried watching a video and was not able to.  Googled the issue at hand and found this discussion.  I disconnected the airrave and much to my surprise, issue gone. 

So it seems that if we want to use our phones, we have to manually connect the airrave, and if we want to watch videos, disconnect it.  Ridiculous!

Journeyman

Any update on this?    I'm seeing this too.

Journeyman

We recently upgraded our phones to the Galaxy Note II and now have almost no service at home.  We previously had great service with our Epic 4g's. 

Sprint gave us an Airave and we had all the multiple text issues and texts not coming in, etc.  I think we solved that, but now we are having the Youtube issue where it won't let you play videos over Wifi.

I unplugged the Airave, and issue goes away.  Plug back in, problem is back.  So I know my Flash player is up to date on the computers, it's not a PC issue, it's the Airave.

Is there a fix for this?  What can we do, we didn't have this problem at first, it just started 4 days ago.

Please help!  We want to get good cell coverage and internet service.