Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching YouTube Over Wireless on Airave Won't Work

SOLVED
Wizard

Watching YouTube Over Wireless on Airave Won't Work

Hello,

I'm having problems watching YouTube while using the Airave, it keeps saying this is "Video is currently unavailable." It only happens when I try watching it over wireless, via iPad, iTouch, and wireless on a laptop. I don't have any problems when I remove the Airave from the picture. What can be causing this and how do I fix this?

M1000 Modem + Airave 2.5 + Cisco M10

Thanks!

34 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Watching YouTube Over Wireless on Airave Won't Work

Bump!

Master

Hello.  Slow data can cause this particular problem.  The only "throttling" by default in the Airave is the upload speed which is capped at around 750Kbps.  To adjust this, connect an ethernet cable from the Airave's LAN directly to a computer.  Go to 192.168.17.1, username is "admin," and password is "admin.  Go to Advanced Settings - QoS or Quality of Service.  Here you will see the adjustment for upload.  Set it to 5000Kbps.  Most consumer ISP packages do not have uploads speeds higher than this.  If you know what your upload speed is, you can set it to that number as well. 

Let us know if this does not resolve the problem.  We haven't had any reports of the Airave causing this issue when using your own WiFi network and not the 3G EVDO data from the Airave which is another good point.  Do your Sprint devices have this same symptom?  Are they connected to 3G EVDO or do you have your WiFi turned on as well?  The devices you've mentioned are all NON-Sprint devices. 

Tom Deaver

Sprint Tech ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Wizard

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back to me. I just tried changing it and still the same results. The Galexy S2 doesn't have any problems viewing YouTube over 3G, but does via my wireless.

Master

Ok.  If you have your router connected to the Airave's LAN meaning your Wifi data is routing through the Airave, try reversing your setup and plug your router directly into your modem, and the Airave into a LAN port on your router.  By putting the Airave on the backend of your network, it's "cutting" it out of the picture while still allowing it to work for your Sprint signal.  Have you tried this? 

Tom Deaver

Wizard

I have, it allowed me to use YouTube without an issue, but prevents me from getting any service from the Airave to my phone.

Master

Interesting.  So the Airave doesn't work unless plugged directly to your modem?  We usually have customers reporting the opposite; that their router works fine with the Airave, but not straight from the modem.  Which Airave do you have and what are the lights doing when it's plugged into your router? 

Tom Deaver

Wizard

Mobile, Network and Broudband flashing red. GPS green. 2.5 and the firmware is version is 5.0.01.031

Master

Ok Thank you.  I have been informed that this is a "known issue" for the Airave 2.5 and is currently being investigated.  In the meantime, your broadband should not be flashing red coming from your router except when your router is not recognizing the Airave and assigning an IP address.  Pull power on your modem and router while leaving the Airave plugged in.  Wait 30 seconds, then boot your network in sequence, modem first allowing all LEDs to stop flashing, then router.  Verify your internet is working then Push Pin reset the Airave by inserting a paper clip into the reset hole and hold the reset button for a FULL 15 seconds.  Modem/Router/Airave is not our preferred setup but should work for now. 

Tom

Wizard

Glad to hear that its a known issue. Do you know when this will be fixed? When I tried what you suggested by changing how to set it up, I was unable to access the internet via ethernet and wireless.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.