Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching YouTube Over Wireless on Airave Won't Work

Go to solution
Highlighted
Master

Re: Watching YouTube Over Wireless on Airave Won't Work

Yes, Ericsson and Samsung are investigating.  We appreciate your patience. 

Tom

Highlighted
Wizard

Sweet! Thanks Tom.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also having this exact issue with my Airave. I have tried all the above troubleshooting steps from Tom. I have a wired PC, wireless laptop, Sprint iPhone 4 and Sprint LG Optimus S, all unable to use Youtube from my home network when the Airave is connected. If someone would include me on the resolution, I would greatly appreciate it.

Highlighted
Wizard

Got a call from Sprint about the issue and have been told there is a outage which is preventing people from watching YouTube and should be fixed late 9/11 (Not 100% fixed date) and that I should call customer service on 9/12 with a status update along credit on my account. Hopefully this is true.

Highlighted
Wizard

For some reason I am now able to watch YouTube over Wifi without any problems. All I did was retry Tom's intructions. Make sure you wait couple of minutes for the GPS, Network and then Mobile to connect. It took about 5 minutes or so to be get everything working.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Seank, which instructions did you follow? BTW, congrats on getting access.

Highlighted
Wizard

Modem to Router to Airave. Put it on WAN. You won't have any cord connect to LAN 1 or 2.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also have an airave 2.5 and youtube video problem exists for me if that helps and we tryed moving it behind the router but then when we call people or get calls they cant hear us.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Had some issues to...

ran speedtest.net and my upload was SLOWWWWW  and I have been having the sporadic issues with you tube as well (makes it hard to watch how to's...lol)

went in and tweaked my QOS, to 5000...ran speedtest again, and it ran to its normal up load....(right around the 5k mark)

So now over the next view days we will see how youtube works...

modem/rave/router......is how it is setup...

though i have been noticing...right now in fact my mobile and GPS are flashing red...and the GPS was flashing when i sat down (30 min ago) but went back green...oooppp gps back on right now..hahaha and so is mobile....

anyway i will mark this page and send an update end of week to see what is up

Highlighted
Journeyman

you can add me to the list of poeple with this issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also have this issue.  When modem/Airave/Router, calls are goood, no flash video plays from internet (which is most of Youtube).  But when go modem/router/airave, the quality is so bad that it is useless.  Right now I just have to swap cables and take the airave out of the equation when I dont need it.  Quite the pain.  If this is not resolved soon, I will probably return it.  It seems to cause more problems than it is worth.  I have already recommended to many friends to just avoid it alltogether.

Highlighted
Wizard

We shoud all complain by calling and telling them to reduce our plan price by $50 or something each month due to their crap hardware and service.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat