ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whenever the Airave is connected to the network in this configuration all the device on the switch cannot be seen on the network.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Whenever the Airave is connected to the network in this configuration all the device on the switch cannot be seen on the network.

Configure the Airave to work in the following configuration (Win7):

NetworkCFG.png

This is NOT the recommended configuration.

Notes about setting up:

• Default setup is for the Airave to act as a router with the WAN(yellow port) to the modem and LAN1, LAN2(blue ports) to your other devices.
  • Disable wireless NIC for the computer (Ethernet cable ONLY).
  • Cannot connect to the Airave web interface through the WAN port.
  • Default IP address is 192.168.17.1
  • Sign in with username/password "admin" (without quotes).
  • DHCP server range of 192.168.17.2 to 192.168.17.xxx
  • Do not connect the Airave to the router until last step.

Steps to put the Airave BEHIND the router and correctly configure it to the network. 

1. Setup the router IP as 192.168.1.1, DHCP range @ 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.xxx, and the subnet 255.255.255.0.
  2. “Reset” the Airave (tiny button on the back) hold it about 30 seconds.  This resets to factory defaults.
  3. Reboot the computer while it is connected to a LAN port on the Airave. The Airave will assign a dynamic IP o in the 192.168.17.xx range.
  4. GO to Airave webpage by entering the IP address of “192.168.17.1” into our browsers' address bar. log in using admin/admin for username/password
  5. Select the "Setup" tab and change "Account Name" to Airave. under "Router MAC Address" select "Use this MAC address". Copy the MAC address (this will help later). Apply to save changes
  6. Select “Advanced” tab, go to "QoS Setup" Set your QoS @ 5000Kbps (this is in the upper level of most ISPs).
  7. Go to "LAN IP Setup". Give the Airave a static IP address in the range of the Router DHCP (192.168.1.xxx.). Change the Airave DHCP IP range to be consistent with the new IP address. Turn OFF the DHCP server. Save the settings by clicking “Apply”. Click “ok” to the message that appears.
  8. The Airave will do a soft reset (you will be disconnected). To continue configuring the Airave you can access it with the IP address you just setup (192.168.1.xxx)
  9. Go to the Router. Setup a static lease address for the Airave in the router DHCP server. Use the MAC address (that you copied from step 5). We want the router to associate the Airave’s MAC address with 192.168.1.xxx (the IP we just setup for the Airave)
  10. On the router find “Port Forwarding.” Setup UDP ports 5060 and 5061 to be forwarded to the Airave, so that incoming UDP packets are always sent to the Airave.
  11. Power cycle the Airave and connect it to the Router. We Should get full green lights on the “Mobile”, “GPS”, and “Broadband” LEDs.

Sooooo, as long as the Airave is connected to the network devices on switch are not seen, and the Airave works fine. Airave is disconnected from the network all devices on the switch are seen, but ofcoures the airave doesn't work.

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Whenever the Airave is connected to the network in this configuration all the device on the switch cannot be seen on the network.

SO after many hours, well days actually,  and lots of reading I have found that what I have been dealing with is a Double NAT, I enables DMZ setting on my SMC3DGMV and used it for my Airave and guess what freekin worked. Thanks for Nadda...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat