cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint Carry the New Windows 10 Flagship Phones?

Journeyman

Re: Will Sprint Carry the New Windows 10 Flagship Phones?

Ohhh sprint come out and play ohh sprint come out and pllaaaayy

Journeyman

Well per the latest announcement nobody but AT&T is going to carry the 950 at this point.  You can buy an unlocked one for T-Mobile but I don't know about the other carriers.

So my question is if I purchase an unlocked 950 can I use it on Sprint.  I don't need a contract or a special deal, just want a good Windows phone.  Not the stuff Sprint is will to sell.

Journeyman

Wow, after 4 years of singing the praises of Sprint's Network Vision, failure to carry these amazing Lumia 950s might be enough to push me over to T-Mobile. Apparently, Microsoft didn't include CDMA radios because Sprint and Verizon have shown zero interest.

Journeyman

Sprint and VZW have both been lukewarm at best towards Windows. I walk into a store and ask for one and all the sales reps scoff. It's pathetic. Sprint is in a self-fulfilling prophecy with Windows devices lately - they finally get one or two mid-to-low tier model phones, then don't promote them *at all*, their sales staff steers people away from them, and then suddenly they wonder why they aren't selling them.

The fact has come out that the 950 and 950xl are NOT AT&T exclusives. MS will also be selling unlocked versions of each phone at their store (online and physical). You can buy the phone unlocked and jump to any carrier that isn't Sprint or VZW. Other carriers have the chance to hop on and sell these, but if Sprint doesn't push for getting their own version supporting their band, we'll never see it.

I like my plan on Sprint, but I'm switching for these new phones. I'm tired of Sprint's lack of commitment, and lack of variety on their devices.

Journeyman

Good Afternoon any Sprint employees monitoring.

I've been a Sprint customer for over 10 years. During that time I've been strictly Android: never went to Apple although 3 phones on my contract are, for my own reasons. I'd really like, if Microsoft builds a CDMA version, the opportunity to get the Lumia 950. For my purposes the 950XL is too large.

Please respond to this thread indicating whether or not Sprint intends to carry these Microsoft phones. I suspect Microsoft will gladly build a CDMA version of the phone for the opportunity to increase their market share if only Sprint would commit to selling them.

Journeyman

Being with sprint since 1992 I will be finally done with hoping for sprint to carry a phone. Now they are in four place u wonder why, Not me they commit to iphone and nothing else. I will be moving to whom ever carries the 950xl, for myself the 950 for the wife and son. Years of asking sprint to carry other phones gets tiresome. What does it cost you just to support a phone if a customer plans to purchase this said phone with no subsidies from the carrier. Tired tired tired. Now look t mobile has said they are open to carrying  the new Microsoft phones and again as always nothing from sprint the same old Dan Hesse seems to still be running sprint into the ground. Wo sorry into fourth place now.

Journeyman

Well maybe we were too quick to judge Sprint.  Check out this link : [inappropriate link removed]

Message was edited by: The Moderator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines:  http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

Journeyman

AT&T will carry the 950 not sure about the 950XL

Journeyman

OK guys.... I was updating my plans and seemed to have a very knowledgable rep so I decided to ask about the New Lumia phones. I hope he knew what he was talking about, sure seemed like it. The good stuff starts about midway down, here is the chat screenshot.

Capture.PNG

Journeyman

That's an interesting development... Maybe it's true, or maybe the rep had no clue what they were talking about and just said whatever it took to make you happy. I can only hope that it is indeed true, though. I'm skeptical because the current bands supported by the new Lumia's don't include Sprint's network band. This would mean that in order for this to be true, they'd have to be developing a CDMA specific Lumia 950 and testing that separately. If it hasn't even gone through FCC inspection yet, I highly doubt November... IF and only if it's actually true.

Journeyman

I agree I'm skeptical myself. At least it's something somewhat positive for now even though it seems a little far fetched.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Interesting.  I just asked more or less the same question and got a different answer.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat