cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint Carry the New Windows 10 Flagship Phones?

Journeyman

Re: Will Sprint Carry the New Windows 10 Flagship Phones?

Yea when I talked to Sprint and MS I got basically the same "We have no clue" answer, see the newsroom or wait until the product is released depending on which one you talk too.

Journeyman

Well, there may be some good news finally on the horizon here for us Sprint users!  We obviously have no hope of getting a Lumia 950 or 950XL considering they do not contain a CDMD radio, which is the frequency band that Sprint, Verizon and nearly every other US carrier uses with the exception of AT&T and TMobile.  So, this new and in my opinion BETTER phone coming out soon will be a viable option for Sprint to carry.

http://www.ibtimes.com/intel-chips-set-power-iphone-7-microsofts-surface-smartphone-2145992

http://static.fanpage.it/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/10/surface-phone-microsoft.jpg

Journeyman

Doesn't mean sprint will carry it. Done waiting as I picked up my surface book at Microsoft store the rep said I can pre order the 950 xl I was like what!!!! he then  said yes you can , He states the phone will be out by the 16 of November or before. He took two pre orders from me. My wife after  having android for years really likes theses phones. I was blown away by the store clerks and my wifes revolution. Cricket wireless here I come no more guessing games for me.

Journeyman

The lumia 950 is really nice. I'm currently using a nexus 5 and would love a new phone, however, none of the Android manufacturers think we want phones smaller than a tablet. Once my contact with Sprint is up I will be moving to T-Mobile and purchasing a 950.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Correct, we will not carry the Lumia 950 or 950XL.  These devices do not support our LTE bands or CDMA for voice.  You can find quotes from Microsoft easily in the press about their current carrier strategy being with ATT as a launch partner for the new Lumia devices.  The unlocked version is GSM carrier focused so we can't support that either.  Hopefully we'll have Microsoft devices in the future, we'll see.

Journeyman

I'd like the Lumia 950 also. I'm switching to ATT!

Journeyman

Well with reading this news Good Bye Sprint.

BTW I love the new adds that say Unlimited Data
"Unlimited 2G and 1Gig for 4g Speed per month"
Good deal

Journeyman

It goes without saying that Sprint hates Microsoft and only wants Apple, every time I go into a store they try and talk me out of my Microsoft Phone try our new Apple. I tell them I am looking for the latest MS Windows Phone, they tell me we don’t have any new ones. I did some digging and found that Sprint purposely avoids Microsoft as Apple has forced a very stringent contract with them. Regardless of this Sprint is taking a beating recently as T-Mobile took in as many customers as Sprint has total to date " in just a couple of Months"… Do the math, if sprint keeps this pace they will be out of business in 2 years or less. You can get the unlocked 950 and XL, just use WiFi or move to cricket … I had 5 phones and One at a time I am moving…. Sprint you need to read your blogs and watch the trending as you shrink or try and prove that if you took on the Flagship 950, watch your sales jump by more than 20% or just keep bobbing for apples with your droid like attitude. Quote me... by 2018 Microsoft will have moved from 2.9% to more than 25%.... Good Luck Sprint....

Journeyman

I Love Sprint! I am a Business user with 5 phones and have been with the company since it began offering mobile services.(That is a long time) Their business plans have been very favorable to small businesses.  I am also a loyal Windows Phone user and as a business user very committed to the platform. I'm sorry that Sprint has not made an announcement as their intent with the Windows platform. I too, as the others have expressed,  must go with the phone that has been designed to work with the new OS. I don't want to do this and it actually sickens me, since AT&T is not the experience I am seeking.  But I will wait until at least beginning of 2016 to hear from Sprint.  I hope we hear from them.

Journeyman

I'm one of the six folks left in the US still sporting a BlackBerry (Q10), but the MS phones really interest me.  Have no desire to obtain a new Apple or android phone, other than perhaps the BB Priv (if Sprint ever carries it).  Seriously toyed with the idea of jumping to AT&T, after having been with Sprint 15 years, but saw online that no carrier seems to have the latest and greatest MS phone for very long, before dropping it.

Not sure why MS phones are treated as leperous devices by Sprint, other than perhaps Apple strong-arming them into pushing mostly their own phones.

GrandMaster

this would be for those special deals where its like $50 per month of something like that..basically its a deal set up for those that rarely if ever use data but want a smart phone..grandma and grandpa type of deals.

TSKENNEDY54 wrote:

Well with reading this news Good Bye Sprint.

BTW I love the new adds that say Unlimited Data
"Unlimited 2G and 1Gig for 4g Speed per month"
Good deal

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

To all Sprint windows phone users. Please sign and share this petition:

https://www.change.org/p/microsoft-update-the-sprint-samsung-ativ-neo-to-windows-10-mobile?recruiter...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat