Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless connection problems with Airave

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Wireless connection problems with Airave

I've had the Airave for a couple of months now and it works great -- excellent signal for all phones while in the house.

However, I've just discovered that there is a problem with the wireless internet connection for my laptop now...it works fine as always inside the house, but as soon as I step out to our patio the internet connection disappears.  Before getting the Airave, this was never an issue. Always a strong signal out there, until the Airave was hooked up.   I've tried moving the GPS antenna closer to the area, but nothing changed. 

Could the Airave be affecting the strength of the signal and causing the problem?

It's been suggested that I just disconnect the Airave whenever I want to work on the laptop out on my patio, but I'd like to be able to maintain a good signal for my laptop without giving up the signal for my cell phone.  Seems like I shouldn't have to choose one or the other... 

I haven't tried Airave support yet, and thought I'd first check and see if anyone else has had this problem too....I'd appreciate any advice/suggestions anyone can offer.  Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi jchanscom, if you call the Airave dedicated technical support team, 866-556-7310 and request that a network ticket be opened to adjust your square footage range, that should help increase coverage in your home. There are several different settings that can be appiled outside of the default for a standard home setting. Once you have a ticket created, if you need any other assistance, please feel free to send me a private message and I will be happy to help you.Thank you for choosing Sprint.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi jchanscom, if you call the Airave dedicated technical support team, 866-556-7310 and request that a network ticket be opened to adjust your square footage range, that should help increase coverage in your home. There are several different settings that can be appiled outside of the default for a standard home setting. Once you have a ticket created, if you need any other assistance, please feel free to send me a private message and I will be happy to help you.Thank you for choosing Sprint.

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat