cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With Airave - how are a tablet's data and/or mobile-mobile minutes billed ?

Journeyman

With Airave - how are a tablet's data and/or mobile-mobile minutes billed ?

My plan is Everything Data - 450 plan (450 anytime minutes, free mobile to mobile minutes, free nights and weekends, free data).    I also have had a  free Airave at my home for 4 years (several versions)  .   I do not have (nor was it every mentioned ) a separate charge for unlimited airave minutes or any airave charges at all.  Again its a Free Airave since I lost my sprint signal when I moved to this house 4 years ago

Question 1:  Are calls I make through the airave from my mobile to another mobile counted against my  Anytime  minutes or my free mobile to mobile minutes?  Its not clear to me  after  viewing my usage chart on the sprint website nor from my bills.  For  instance,  If I stayed home for an entire billing cycle and made only mobile to mobile calls, would I accrue Anytime minutes or only free mobile to mobile minutes.?

Question 2: I am considering getting a tablet.  When I use the tablet at home , will the data be WiFi or , because of the Airave, will it be charged  as network  data.  I do have a wireless router.  If it makes a difference, the airave is behind the router (incoming cable --> modem -->  wireless router --> airave.

thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: With Airave - how are a tablet's data and/or mobile-mobile minutes billed ?

Did you get an increase on your bill?  You will be able to connect you tablet to the airave. The airave will not use your minutes unless there is a tower down in the area and you are roaming. The airave is just a signal booster. I'm here for you.

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Re: With Airave - how are a tablet's data and/or mobile-mobile minutes billed ?

Are you saying that minutes used with the airave are billed exactly as minutes  without the airave?  for example, mobile to mobile from the house (via airave) are always free on my plan will not count against my 450 Anytime Minutes?   I will be home  full time for over a month after surgery and want to ensure that my sprint bill does not suffer.  I usually use  about 800-1200 mobile to mobile minutes each month.   However,  they are not usually calls made  from home.   But they will all be made from home be next month.  But you are saying they will still be free mobile to mobile calls even though they all go through airrave? this is how I understand it but  I read otherwise on another thread so I was concerned

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat