cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

airave signal fluctuations

Journeyman

airave signal fluctuations

I have an airave 2.5. My phone has full bars until I make a call then all my bars disappear! this is annoying in thinking abut getting a lan line. I haven't called airave support because last year I spent 3 months going back and forth with them and then never fixed my problems. I had to figure it out myself.

20 REPLIES 20
Master

Re: airave signal fluctuations

TomKat8284,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand your frustration. We hate that you are having these troubles. Have you reset the Airave? Has any one else having the same troubles when connected to the Airave? Let us know. When did you first notice your troubles?

Social Care,
Lamar
Wizard

Airave support reps have not been very knowledgeable nor customer friendly. Couple of months ago, I called in with an issue and the rep told me I needed a new power cable. He didnt even listen to the symptoms. Turned out Sprint disconnected my Airave with no notification. I also had to figure out myself how to configure for use behind my new gateway. I cannot wait until my Sprint contract expires so that I can return the Airave, which only masks the inferior Sprint wireless network my riding on my internet service.

Journeyman

I've reset both, I've had nothing but problems with this airave I was on the phone everyday with yall for 3 months last year. You can look that up in your records. At the time I had a Samsung gs2 and now the gs5 had a similar problem. Full bars, make a call, then dropped call, no bars then full again.

Master

TomKat8284,

Thanks for providing that info. When connecting to your Airave, please make sure you're on 3G. When you switched to your S5 did you dial *99 from the phone to connect it to the Airave? Please let me know.

*Liz
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I did *99 and it improved but it's still spotty

Master

TomKat8284,

Are you within 40 ft range of the device when using your phone? Are you in a multi-level home or an apartment? Also, how many devices do you have connected to your airave? I just want to take a closer look to see if what's causing the spotty issue.

Crystal
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm in a single level home 5ft from the airave.

Journeyman

2 devices are connected

Master

TomKat8284 -- Please follow the troubleshooting steps found in the Airave guide via www.sprint.com/airave. If these steps do not resolve the issue, contact our Airave technical support team @ 1-866-556-7310. *Julian
Journeyman

I dont want to be mean because I'm sure that's all you guys get but I have no desire to spend more time with customer service on the phone. I've had no luck with that in the past. I don't suppose you guys are working on a new airave?

Master

TomKat8284 -- The contact number that I provided is for Airave technical support, not customer service. These representatives specialize on troubleshooting this device specifically. Be sure to follow the steps provided in the basic troubleshooting guide at your earliest convenience. *Julian
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat