Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Airave?

Journeyman

eBay Airave?

Like many folks I've got crummy reception inside my home. Reception is great about two blocks from my house and I can get serviceable reception out on my front yard (which makes the neighbors curious). I've looked into an Airave and was told that I could get one with no monthly charges but that the device would be $129.99 (as opposed to the $279.99 regular price). However, that discounted price was based on a 2-year contract on the device, which is separate from the contract for our phones. I'm confused on why I'd have to have a 2-year contract on an Airave if there is supposedly no monthly fee??!

At any rate I bought one off eBay (only cost me $11.95 with the shipping) and was wondering if anyone has tried to get one of these activated if it wasn't purchased directly from Sprint? I guess I'm still irritated I'd be expected to shell out another $130 just to use my phone in my house. Both my wife and I use smartphones and her Blackberry gets barely enough reception to recieve a call, my Samsung Intrepid gets 0 bars, although I do like the phone outside the house!

Has anyone tried to activate one of these devices if they weren't purchased first-hand from Sprint?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Master

As long as you are available for another line to be activated you will have no problems getting it added to your account.  Where the device comes from doesn't really matter - the sticking point I have seen is if you can't activate another line. 

I know several people who live in rural areas and they work great.

Larry

Sprint Tech

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat