cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

original airave

Highlighted
Journeyman

original airave

I was thinking about getting the Samsung one because of the issues I hear going around with the current model dropping calls after 40 seconds.

I have very poor service in the house near a window I still get 0-1 bars I understand the first airwave only did voice right? but I can just use my wifi for data if I did get a used airwave do I need to do anything with sprint to set it up?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

original airave

I have had the airave since summer last year. Worked great! I went from 0-1 bars on my samsung exclaim to full bars throughout my house. I recently upgraded to the LG Optmus cause i wanted to try an andriod. I now have problems with dropped calls missed calls and texts. I am getting frustrated and have to keep calling sprint. They have told me to return my phone and get a new one? I changed the setting from automatic to sprint only but no difference. I did all the updates on the phone. I see there is a new one for 3G users but I see alot of people having problems with that also. I am at my wits end and dont know what to do anymore. I was going to exchange for a EVO shift but again i see people having problems between the 2 also. I do the *99 when i hit call on the phone I have full bars but as soon as I hang up POOF its gone again. I am fluctuating between 0-full bars and they dont seem to have an answer for me but go exchange your phone...What to do

Journeyman

original airave

Yes the older model is only for the phone. You do need to call sprint to have it activated ..which there is a charge

I have owned both and have had no issues with my calls while talking.

I have noticed odd things thou while talking on the phone on the way home

the airwave doesn't activate .. actually makes me drop my call. The phone needs to be turned off and on again to pick up

The air wave . Very annoying. The older one never did this

The older one also had a much stronger signal through out the house .

Wonder if the older model has issues with the repeated texts ..because

Another note ... the older one did have poor sound quality .

As far as phones. .. my evo has very good reception ..way better than

The shift. (At least that's my experience)

Journeyman

original airave

Remember that they have two models of the Samsung airave one with the white antenna and one with the black antenna then they have the newer one that does data.

Journeyman

original airave

Which one is the new one???

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat