cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup new airrave

Highlighted
Journeyman

setup new airrave

so i received my airave (Airvana) yesterday.  i hooked it up this morning, and it's up and running in 20 minutes.  But i'm not sure what i did was right or wrong

I didn't even read the guide in the box at first, just took out the device/cable...etc. and start plugging .  I have one port available on my router, so i connect that port to the WAN port on the Airrav, power, gps cable, all hooked up.  All the lights start flashing green then stop after 20 minutes or so.  Now I have 3 solid green lights on mobile, gps, and broadband.  Dialed *99 on my phone and it said i'm in the airrav's range.  tested some text, made some calls...All seems to be working fine, I even see full bars on my phone (evo4g) which i have never seen that full before.  I am happy that I didn't run into any problems...but

then i was sitting back and enjoy the calls, happen to pick up the get started guide , and it's nothing like how I set up.  It also said that I can go to 192.168.17.1 to config. the airrav, but i'm not able to get there (cannot display the webpage) ... Also, i used another phone and intentionally left a voice mail on my evo, but the Voicemail light on the airrav doesn't light up...

do i really need to setup exactly how the guide said in order for everything to work properly? what if i'm keeping the same setup like i have now, what will happen ... as far as i can tell, i haven't had any troubles yet, except for the ip address not accessible, and the voicemail light doesn't come on when i have voice mail.

5 REPLIES 5
Master

setup new airrave

If all lights(Mobile/Broadband/GPS) are solid green then its working ok. You may see Mobile blinking green light, because you're using Sprint Phone. If you're talking about VOIP light. It will not light up because VOIP is not yet activated on the device(Airave). The only time that you need to access the IP  address is  perform Mac Filtering or Port forwarding, in which your case it does not apply.

Hope this helps

Abe

Journeyman

setup new airrave

thanks for the info. 

What about the Voicemail light not green when i have voicemail?

Master

setup new airrave

The one which you're talking about is VOIP and not "VOICEMAIL"  and you don't get to see any lights when you get voicemail on Airave device.

Journeyman

setup new airrave

It's the "voicemail" light, not VOIP. This's the model i have:

http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/sprint/airave/airave_by_sprint_ug.pdf  .  If you look at page 6, you'll see.  It's above the sprint logo.

but anyway, the voicemail will only work if i use my landline phone with the airrave (i'm not sure, just guessing)

Journeyman

setup new airrave

Is the router your own, or the internet providers?  also, who is your internet provider?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat