cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin mobile says roam?

Highlighted
Journeyman

virgin mobile says roam?

When using my virgin mobile phone and the airwave is on is says roam and I get error code 7 upon trying to make calls or do anything but when it turned off everything is working fine I called up virgin mobile and nobody knows how to fix this?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Wizard

I apologize that you are having issues with your Virgin Mobile phone while connected to the Airave unit. The Airave unit is set to the CDMA signal of a Sprint CDMA phone. Virgin Mobile uses the same network, but their are differences, i.e. PRL that will not allow the Virgin Mobile or Boost phones to connect.

Highlighted
Journeyman

so what is the work around for this?

Highlighted
Wizard

We would need to push a special PRL to the device. Can you send me a private message with your Virgin Mobile number and the MAC ID of the Airave?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am experiencing this as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Wizard

I do not have access or the tools for Virgin Mobile accounts, you would need to contact Virgin Mobile at (888) 322-1122

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have contacted Virgin Mobile and they were unhelpful (clueless pretty much). Essentially the virgin mobile phone will not function within range of the Airave.

Highlighted
Wizard

You can try our Airave tech support at (866) 556-7310

Highlighted
Journeyman

I talked with Airave customer support. Essentially they said virgin mobile cannot use the airrave device despite Virgin Mobile using the same infrastructure as Sprint. Another disappointing outcome from Sprint.

Highlighted
Wizard

I am sorry for the disappointment. Even though they use the same "network", there are other varibles that differ.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I appreciate your willingness to help. Regardless of Virgin Mobile - my Sprint signal (on my personal) phone is extremely poor which is why the Airrave was provided at no-charge. My overall satisifcation with Sprint service continues to decrease - I've been a customer for over ten years.

Highlighted
Wizard

You are welcome, wish there was more that could be done. I am happy to hear that your Sprint service is better with the Airave, though.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat