cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alcatel Onetouch Pixi 7 Final Thoughts - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

20140226_17.pngOur Sprint Product Ambassador team received our Alcatel Onetouch Pixi 7 in November 2015. I have been using my Pixi 7 and comparing it with my other tablets during this time to see how it compares. One of things I have enjoyed about the Pixi 7 as I did with my LG G Pad is the size of the tablet makes it ideal for on the go for portability.

Like my LG G Pad, the Alcatel Onetouch Pixi 7 fits into my back pocket without a problem or my wife's purse to take it with us when we are out on the weekends running around town. The LTE connection is what really helps in town to look up sales, garage sales and other things while we are running around.

The Pixi 7 is great for kids too..... my daughter uses it to play games on Disney.com. When I get in from the office or when I am home on the weekends she ask if she can use my tablet to play games on the Disney site. I think that is one of the other reasons I like this tablet because my daughter enjoys this tablet over one of our other tablets we have for over a year with a 9.7 screen. The Pixi 7 is easier for her to hold and play the games on.

Here is a overview of the Alcatel Onetouch Pixi 7 hardware:

• Processor/Chipset: 1.1GHz quad-core processor / MSM8909 Chipset
  • Display: 7" 1024 x 600, TFT Display
  • Network: Sprint Spark / 4G LTE
  • Blue Tooth: 4.1
  • Frequency: 850/1900/2500 Mhz (LTE)
  • Dimensions: 7.44 inches x 4.37 inches x 0.36 inches (LxWxT)
  • Weight: 9.17 oz.
  • Battery: Standard Lithium (Li-Ion) 4000 mAh non removable
  • Connector Types: MicroUSB
  • Internal Memory: 8 GB ROM, 1 GB RAM, microSD slot for expandable storage up to 32 GB.
  • Camera:
    • Rear-facing 5-megapixel camera with auto focus
    • Highest resolution 2560 x 1920
    • Zoom
    • Front-facing 2-megapixel front-facing camera
    • No flash
  • Video: Highest resolution: 1080p @ 30 fps with Digital zoom
  • Accelerometer: The accelerometer automatically adjusts Web pages and photos to your perspective so you can view them in landscape or portrait mode.
    • Plus, for a more enjoyable viewing experience, you can watch videos in the wider landscape mode as well.
  • Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n: Wi-Fi provides wireless Internet access over distances of up to 300 feet (100 meters).
  • Multitasking: Listen to music while you send email, play games or surf the Web.
  • GPS Enabled / GPS Navigation: Supports location-enabled applications and services.

Another thing that I have liked about the Pixi 7 is the menu and settings options are real easy to use.I have another blog where I go into more detail on the user settings here Pixi 7 tablet user friendly Settings menu.

Screenshot_2015-12-11-17-44-00.png

Of course one of the first things I like to do when I have a new phone or tablet to review is to customize with wallpapers and apps. I review in more detail on how to update or change the wall paper in this blog How to change wallpaper on Alcatel Onetouch Pixi 7 tablet. I have always enjoyed Star Wars and I found a really kewl Stars Wars wallpaper from the new movie to use.

Screenshot_2015-12-11-17-57-59.png

The other thing I was impressed with about the Pixi 7 was my battery life. On multiple occasions I had gone more than a day without having to charge the tablet. I do turn airplane mode on and use Wi-Fi when it is available to cut down on my data usage. That has helped me make the battery last longer because I do not have apps updating or running data in the background all the time. Here is blog I posted on my battery life Battery Life & Storage on Alcatel OneTouch Pixi 7.

Screenshot_2015-11-23-09-20-58.png

I mentioned earlier that my daughter really loves this tablet so I plan on giving it to her to play her Disney games on. The interface is easy to use and she really enjoys it. The Pixi 7 has a microSD card slot and I have some of my daughters My Little Pony videos loaded for her to enjoy. The other reason I am giving her my Pixi 7 is because I need more onboard storage for my apps. The tablet is perfect for my daughter and others that do not need or use multiple applications. I have found it great for web based games and check on my social media sites like Facebook.

Visit a Sprint store and check out the Alcatel Onetouch Pixi 7 to see if it is the tablet for you, family member or friend...

Thanks,

Blue

Your Sprint Product Ambassador team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee