cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Settings with the Alcatel One Touch Pixi 7 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Display Settings with the Alcatel One Touch Pixi 7 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

So I always love exploring how certain configuration settings differ between devices.  The Alcatel One Touch Pixi 7 running a slim version of Android is certainly no exception.  For those of you not wanting to go through a series of testing, here are a few neat customizations you can do to give your Pixi 7 a little personality.

Display Settings:

Display.jpg

Brightness Level: This setting is pretty self-explanatory.  It can pretty much be set to taste, where I favor it about ¾ up.

Adaptive Brightness: If battery life is a big concern, you might consider using this but it will always override your preferred brightness level.  I think this is set on by default and I always set this off. Again a matter of taste.

Wallpaper: this allows you to set a background image where all your icons will respectfully sit on top of.  You can use an array of stock images and backgrounds or any photo that you choose. A word to the wise, although your favorite family portrait might make you smile, it's not always functional as a background image.  I tend to favor the stock backgrounds for contrast and functionality.  The Alcatel One Touch Pixi 7 also includes 5 stock Live Wallpapers that are all pretty visually stunning while retaining their functionality.  I think "Black Hole" is my favorite of the ones offered and certainly makes the device stand out when showing my Pixi 7 off to friends and family.

Live.jpg

Sleep: By default this setting is 1 min, which will certainly insure a good battery life but I tend to like to give a little wiggle room beyond that.  Again, all a matter of taste but I always found 5 mins to be a good balance between power saving and convenience.

Daydream: Gives you options to control what (if any) visualizations are showing when the device is charging and not in use.  My default this is "off" and I tend to like that best.  If you need a night light, big sized clock or want your Pixi to double as digital picture frame, explore some of the settings to give yourself some added functionality (even when your Pixi is not in use).

Font Size: Especially since this device falls somewhere between the size of a small tablet and large smartphone, you may want to explore different font sizes for readability sake.  Even though I've been told I'm slightly near-sighted I find the "Large" setting is most comfortable (for me).  Although "Small" and "Normal" size are both equally readable. An important note: This is pretty much is limited to system fonts and not necessarily applies to particular apps or web pages. If added zoom is needed, you'll need to check out "Magnification Gestures" or "Large Text", both found under the "Accessibility" section of "Settings".

When The Device Is Rotated: Here you can lock the screen so it always displays in portrait or allow it to toggle between portrait and landscape depending on which way the screen is being held.

Blur Effect: I think this one is pretty unique but this gives you a bit of an effect on two separate dialog boxes and your lock screen.  I think it looks neat and I have all of these checked but again that is a matter of taste.  See the pictures below of an idea of how they look with or without.

Without Blur EffectWith Blur Effect
Vol.jpgVolBlur.jpg

**Additional Display Settings under Settings: "Accessibility"

Access.jpg

Besides the additional magnification settings mentioned earlier there are two more Display settings that can be adjusted in the Accessibility menu of settings.  Honestly however, I would probably avoid both of these as they don't appear very usable for most general use. 

Color Inversion: This setting does exactly what it says and sets all screens within all apps as a color (and black and white) negative.  I really found no practical us for this but it's nice to know this is there especially if it accidentally gets set. 

Color Correction: This setting gives you three pre-set tweaks to the color.  Unfortunately none of the three give you any real usable color temperatures and only flatten the color out significantly.  Still it's good to know this menu exists in case it accidentally gets set.

So in conclusion, you do have a few great ways to liven up your display (and a few others, not so functional).  You should be aware of all these to keep your display happy or just in case something looks off. Another tip: Alcatel One Touch Pixi 7 can easily capture a screen-shot by holding the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.  Have fun exploring and finding your ideal display setting.  Check next week for more great features of this exciting new tablet.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.