cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final thoughts on the Alcatel Pixi 7

Journeyman

Its been over a month and half since I got this device. There are things about it that I like and there are things about it that I don't like.

In the end, my approval of the device stems on the notion of, would I spend hard earned money on this device? Lets face it, all of these items are a luxury, we don't need tablets or smart phones. Do I want to spend money on this luxury that will only enhance my entertainment options? Tablets in my life are for entertainment, whether its to stream music while I work. My music of choice is either hardcore ganster rap or classical music. The other option for me is to watch movies or catch up on the latest tv shows.

Lets start with the price of the Pixi 7.

FREE, its free for existing Sprint customers who get a data plan along with it. You really cant beat the price of this device, the data plan allows someone like me to be able to download the latest comics to read while waiting for my kids at soccer practice or drama class.

It allows me to stream Amazon music which is included with your prime membership. I can watch my new favorite show Mozart in the Jungle on the Amazon instant video app.

The size of the tablet is perfect, I know I will sound like Glodilocks when I say this. Its not to big and not to small, its just the right size.

I really noticed how good the size was when I recently watched Interstellar on the Pixi, a movie which I originally thought should only be watched on a big screen. While I would be lying if I stated that it would be better on the tablet than on the big screen, the movie was more than fine.

I've only used headphone on the tablet and been very happy with the sound that the device produced.

My biggest con of this device is that it seems to attract finger prints to the screen. I've had to clean the screen with a cloth more with this device than any other.

Something about this device seems to attract smudge marks, its annoying but not a deal breaker.

IMAG0096_1.jpg

Thanks

Stanny George

Disclaimer:

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee