cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Impressions: Alcatel ONETOUCH Pixi 7 -- Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hey everyone!

I'm back with another tablet, just in time for the holidays!  This time, I will be writing posts about the Alcatel ONETOUCH Pixi 7 Tablet offered by Sprint.  Sprint is offering it for FREE at this time (subject to change, 2 year service agreement required) to qualifying current customers and accounts (new line and upgrades are eligible).  Additionally, you'll receive 12 months free tablet service with it!  What more could you ask for?  Again, this is subject to change and is while supplies last.  Visit your local Sprint Store for details.  Find your store HERE.

What is the ONETOUCH Pixi 7:

The ALCATEL ONETOUCH PIXI? 7 is everything you could want in a tablet, plus more. With the spacious 7-inch display and 4G LTE compatibility, you can watch, play and work like never before. The 5 MP rear-facing camera and 2 MP front-facing camera give you the power to capture all of your favorite moments. Equipped with a sleek, lightweight design and apps you'll love, the ALCATEL ONETOUCH PIXI? 7 gives you a best-in-class experience without the price. (Source: Sprint)

Key Features:

• Android 5.1 Lollipop
  • 4,000 mAh Lithium Ion battery
  • 7" WSVGA screen
  • 8GB ROM/1GB RAM (Ability to expand external memory to 32GB w/ MicroSD Card)
  • 1.1 GHz Quad-Core processor
  • 10.55 oz weight
  • Sprint 4G LTE connectivity (non-3G)
  • 5MP rear camera; 2 MP front-facing (selfie) camera

First impressions:

I recently reviewed the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" tablet, which is more of a premium experience.  The Pixi 7 is more of an entry-level device with less bells and whistles to worry about, especially if this is your first tablet.  The Pixi 7 is simple, intuitive, fun, and perfectly-sized.  Although the device is slightly heavier than the Tab S2 was, it is still not too heavy that it becomes an issue.  The screen is bright, the icons are crisp, and the device responds quickly to my use.  I like this tablet so far, and I can imagine how well it will fit into your life just as it does mine. 

Some example uses for this tablet where it will come in handy due to size and battery life:

• In the kitchen for recipes or to catch up on Netflix, Amazon Prime or Hulu while cooking/entertaining
  • Children -- in the car, at the doctor's office, during busy holiday shopping, etc.
  • As a Kindle alternative (you can download/use Amazon's FREE Kindle app on the device with ease)
  • There are numerous other scenarios where this tablet will be useful/convenient

Overall, I am quite impressed with this tablet considering its size and limited features (as compared to Tab S2).  I am looking forward to testing the tablet out in greater detail and write about my experiences in the coming weeks.

If you're curious, I've created an Unboxing Video that you can watch below!  Head to your local Sprint Store today to see if you qualify for the FREE tablet promotion, and if you don't, the price is still competitive at $29.99 w/2 year service agreement!  This device will make a great holiday gift for someone on your list!

Keep an eye out for my future posts on this device!  You can follow me thorough Sprint Communities by clicking on my profile above (under the title of this blog post) and clicking "Track in Communications."  Additionally, you can follow me on Twitter (@TroyGlidden).  As always, thanks for reading!

-- Troy

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee