cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great for kids: Alcatel ONETOUCH Pixi 7 -- Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hey everyone!

I recently took some time off of work during Christmas week to spend time with my family and get my last minute Christmas shopping completed.  My wife and I had to make our rounds to the grocery stores and a few other places for last minute items leading up to Christmas and we had our tag-along with us, my five-year-old daughter, Hallie.  Her sister was visiting her grandparents for much of the week, which made it a bit more convenient for my youngest to utilize the Pixi 7 (we all know how kids love to share).

The Pixi 7 is a great device for children both young and old.  My youngest is five, and she was able to pick up on the user interface quickly and navigate to what she wanted in virtually no time at all.  The size of the tablet makes it convenient for small hands and the battery life allows for extended entertainment away from home.  Plus, with Sprint's LTE network, watching videos while riding in the backseat or a shopping cart is a breeze!

Device Specs refresher:

• 4,000 mAh Lithium Ion battery
  • 7" WSVGA 1024 x 600 screen
  • 7.52" long x 4.33" wide x .40" thick
  • 10.55 oz weight, or .6 lbs
  • 8GB ROM / 1GB RAM w/ MicroSD Card support up to 32GB and a 1.1 GHz Quad-Core processor

First, the size of the tablet makes it convenient for small hands as I previously mentioned.  My youngest was able to hold the device easily and securely because of its size.  Additionally, the weight of the devices allows for it to be held for extended periods of time without much strain on little hands.  Next, the screen itself is perfect for a child because it allows for easy access to applications, videos, etc.  A 10" tablet is great, but for a child it can be overkill, thus the 7" screen is quite convenient (both for adults and children).  Additionally, the 4,000 mAh battery provided significant entertainment time while my wife and I were either on the road or in/out of stores.  I fully charged the tablet during the morning and my daughter used it for a total (combined time, not straight usage) of about 4 hours with seemingly little impact to battery life (it depleted to around 45 - 50%), which is far better than I had anticipated!  So, often times the bells and whistles on tablets are nice, but they deplete the battery quickly.  Thus, a tablet of this caliber is perfect for taking on the road or to the store to keep your children entertained! Finally, the processor allowed for zero lag when switching between apps or playing games that are fairly graphic intensive such as those listed below:

Recommended games/apps for children on this tablet:

• Doc McStuffins Mobile Clinic (Disney)
  • Miles from Tomorrowland (Disney)
  • Amazon Prime Instant Video
  • Amazon Underground (FREE Paid apps w/ FREE in-app purchases or add-ons -- this varies by app!!)
  • Netflix
  • Please note that Sprint is not making any endorsements for the above applications or the respective owners. These are applications suggested based on user experience by the author.  Use of these applications is at the sole discretion of the user.

I am quickly finding this tablet to be a great addition to my family for both myself and my children.  When the kids want to watch something while I'm playing a video game or doing something else, we have this as a backup.  When we are out running errands that take up a good chunk of a day, we have this as an entertainment source.  When the kids want to listen to music while reading, we have this as a portable stereo.  The Alcatel ONETOUCH Pixi 7 is a fantastic device that easily integrates itself into your everyday life!  Although the holiday gift-giving extravaganza is behind us (yes, it's okay to let out a sigh of relief), it is not too late to head to a Sprint store or www.sprint.com to add one (or more) Pixi 7 to your account!  More details on the Pixi 7 can be found by clicking HERE

Here are some photos of my youngest having fun using the tablet:

20151221_121600_resized.jpg

20151221_130043_resized.jpg

Until next time!

-- Troy

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

4 Comments