cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping Organized With The Alcatel One Touch Pixi 7 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

OK, I’ll be the first to admit how I can be a total wreck when organizing my apps (on whatever devices I use).  However after many years, and lots of trial and error, I think I may have finally found a near perfect system for keeping organized.  All this is thanks to my lil’ Alcatel One Touch Pixi 7, and I now I think I’ve finally went from “controlled chaos” to “streamlined”.

First off, let it be known I’m not always quick to adopt change but at least I’m always very observant. When I got my Pixi 7, I immediately noticed that all my Google apps were grouped together and placed by into one neat folder of the home screen.  Now, it never really dawned on me being such a good idea (at the time).  I seldom use most of the Google apps so for me the folder was only keeping things out of the way.   I must have passed over this folder for days and days before it occurred to me… Why not use folders for everything!?  Sheesh, so simple and yet eluded me for so long.  Now I have everything in folders.  After all, it saves real estate, it saves time and it saves aggravation.  What would normally require a swipe left or swipe right now puts everything in one neat compact area of the home screen.

No1.jpg

Here’s how to do it:

On your home screen tap one icon and move it directly on top of another icon.  Those icons will then be merged and named “Folder” by default. Tap that “Folder” icon and tap “Folder” name to rename to whatever you want.  It’s that easy.  You can group as few or many icons you want here.  As a general rule, I tend to group like apps together.  “Social Media”, “Steaming Media” and other groups are all over my screen but you could go as crazy or reserved as you want with this organization (There are no rules).  With folders, one touch expands the window and shows the icons within the folder.  For example, when I tap my “Home Monitoring” screen it shows “Foscam”, “Dropcam” and “Nest” all within quick reach.

No2.jpg

What used to occupy multiple screens before now fits on the bottom half of my home screen (What a space savings).  I was so thrilled and had so much empty space that I figured, Why not add some widgets? I like the default Weather Widget and Google Search Bar  so I left them (Those are default on the Pixi).  However, I really love the Amazon Music Widget so that was added in between.  SO FUNCTIONAL NOW!  All you have to do it tap to hold on a vacant part of the screen and choose the “Widgets” icon in the center.  Note this also is a shortcut for your “Wallpapers” and “Settings” screens as well. 

No3.jpg

With just a few short minutes I think I saved me countless time hunting for icons.  This Pixi never looked better.  See what you can achieve on your Pixi and then adopt that design to your phone.  You’ll be happy you did.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.