cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximizing Storage Space on the Alcatel One Touch Pixi 7 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Maximizing Storage Space on the Alcatel One Touch Pixi 7 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

So one small challenge I had using the Alcatel One Touch Pixi 7 was fitting all my crucially needed apps into 4GB internal storage (with a reasonable amount of headroom left over). If you have started to any noticeable performance issues and noticed your available storage at an all-time low, there’s hope.

First of all, since the Alcatel One Touch Pixi 7 has a nice easy to access MicroSD slot, there is no reason not to be using some external storage.  Whatever you can get should be just fine.  Micro SD cards and so inexpensive now.  Make sure to save all your pictures, videos and music there and there alone.  On apps like Amazon Music, I would strongly encourage “streaming only” or immediately move downloads over to the SD on your own (Since Amazon Music doesn’t give you options to save right to the SD).

Secondly, under Settings/Storage/Apps (app data & media content) - carefully look at your apps, paying close attention to the size.  You are going to find several trivial apps that maybe you don’t need so badly (and should be uninstalled). 

Finally, some apps listed cannot be uninstalled and many of those can often be the highest consumers of space.  In those cases, I would recommend “Force Stop” then “Uninstall Updates” and finally “Disable”.  You will see a message discouraging you to do so and I urge you really consider carefully which ones you disable but I have had some great success freeing up space by doing so.

Some of the largest consumers to look at:

Facebook - I’m sad to say Facebook when fully loaded is huge compared to the space you have available. If you don’t use this at all (like myself), this one should be a no-brainer.  If you are only a light user, I might choose the web version and still disable the app. 

Google+ - Well, since I don’t use Facebook this one was an even easier decision.  Again, really a matter of taste but if you aren’t using it, it might be a good idea to put it on a shelf.

Google Hangouts & Messenger - I really don’t text from my tablet so I opted to disable these too. It’s a matter of taste but I’d rather utilize the space elsewhere.

Prior to my intervention, I barely had 100K of available space to work with (even with my SD card) but after disabling and removing some things I now have 1.28GB which makes my Pixi much happier.

If storage is my only concern, I still say the Pixi rocks.  The processor is swift all my apps work great and with a little management I have all space needed for what I need.

Logo.jpg

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

1 Comment