cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onetouch Pixi 7 - No Interruptions - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

Onetouch Pixi 7 - No Interruptions

Have you picked up your tablet started to browse or maybe read a book or even play a game and your notifications starts to go off breaking your concentration? What about at night you just finished reading something while in bed and you put your tablet down on the nightstand, you are about to fall asleep to only be jostled awake by a notification on your tablet? What if I tell you there is a option to eliminate these interruptions and only allow them to occur at a time of your choosing or better yet only allow those notifications that are most important be allowed. With the Pixi 7 and Android there is such an option to setup. 

Introducing the Interruptions option. To access this option go to settings, sounds and notifications section and select Interruptions. While in this section you will see a list options. In the top left hand corner here is how you can control what happens when a notification comes in.  Here you can set the notifications to not disturb you at all by selecting "Don't Interrupt". The other options include always interrupt which is the preset configuration, or choose allow only priority interruptions. Priority interruptions includes those options below this section that are enabled. In this case "Event and Reminders" is activated but you could also enable Messages as well.

Screenshot_2015-12-23-07-37-16.png Screenshot_2015-12-23-07-37-21.png Screenshot_2015-12-23-07-37-26.png

When selecting don't interrupt or priority only options you are given a choice to choose how long you do not want to be interrupted for. Standard setting is indefinite, but you can choose anywhere from 15 minutes all the way to 8 hours. This is a great option for when you are in meetings and don't want to shut off notifications the entire day but only for a specific time period.

Screenshot_2015-12-23-07-37-30.png

As an added bonus when activating the messages option under priority options you have the additional option to choose whom you would like to receive messages from. Basic setup is to receive messages from anyone. This can be changed to only receive messages from users listed in your contacts only. Better yet you can slim this down to only allow users selected as your favorites in your contacts book. This way if you are in a meeting and have enable only allow priority interruptions and then messages comes in you know it is from one of your favorites and can assume it could be important.

Screenshot_2015-12-23-07-37-43.png

My favorite option to enable in this section has to be the "Downtime" feature. This option allows you to eliminate notifications during a specific time period say when you are sleeping. Simply click on the days heading and choose the days you want to setup downtime for. Me I set mine for everyday of the week. Next select the start time you want downtime to begin. It is auto set to start at 10:00 PM. this is perfect. Next choose when you want down time to end. Again this is auto set to 7:00 AM. This will also work for me. The final piece is to either keep the priority options as the only allowed notification or simply select "Interruptions Allowed" and check the “None” option. This will completely shut down all notifications during this time period.

Screenshot_2015-12-23-07-37-57.png Screenshot_2015-12-23-07-38-14.png Screenshot_2015-12-23-07-38-24.png

Once all configured the way you like simply exit this configuration section and you are all done. Go enjoy your time with no more interruptions.

Disclaimer:
The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

1 Comment