cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onetouch Pixi 7 - What To Use My Tablet For - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Onetouch Pixi 7 - What To Use My Tablet For

pixi 7.jpg

So you may now own this tablet or wondering why I even need a tablet in the first place. Tablets are the in between devices they are not as small as your phone but are not yet big enough to be considered a laptop/PC. They fill the gap for those users that just wants something a little bigger than their cell phones. They offer the same flexibility as a cell phone giving users the similar experience. 

Take for instance you come home from work you are tired maybe relaxing by the TV or in bed. You do not want to haul out your laptop to look up something and your eyes are just too tired to look at your phones display. Grab your tablet. This device is the perfect size and does not weigh that much more than your phone but gives you that better experience you want. So what do you actually use the tablet for?

I use my tablet for many things. Here are a list of what you could be using it for:

Sending and receiving emails. I use the NEW google INBOX application for my email. it allows easy grouping of messages into categories that allow faster manipulation of deleting and organizing. 

images.jpg

Browsing the web. I use the Chrome browser. This has been my go to web browser for all my devices and with googles sync option it allows me to sync all my devices together so when I search or view something on one device I can pick up another and see the same thing to continue reading or reviewing.

chrome.jpg

Playing games. Just like your phone the tablet will have access to the same application store and therefore all the plethora of games available. Now the Pixi 7 has limited storage but they make up for it giving a nice strong processor that still allow you the full ability to pretty much play any game available. Me I'm using clash of clans and yes I still fall back to my favorite minion rush.

clans.jpg minion.jpg

Watching catch-up TV or Movies. This is where I think a tablet shines. It is a great tool for watching online programming. Access Netflix, Amazon Vids, Hulu, even access TV shows through CBS, NBC,ABC, etc. websites and watch and catch up on your favorite shows. It is even better if you have a Chromecast then you can throw whatever you are watching on your tablet screen on to your big TV. 

hulu.jpg netflix.png amazon.jpg

Reading books, newspapers and magazines.  This is where I use my tablet. I love picking it up and opening up one of my books to read. I use Overdrive which is an application that ties directly with local libraries to borrow digital content for reading. for daily news I use a combination of applications like flipbook, the guardian, Huffington Post, and even NPR News.

the guardian.png huff.jpg npr.jpg

Making voice/video calls. Here is where this is pretty awesome. So you think your limited on reach-ability through these devices because they are a tablet. Think again. You can use Google Hangouts as a main contact for reaching. With Hangouts you can IM people, you can make phone calls (yes real phone calls). You can call both on WFi and on the Sprint data network when no WiFi is available. You can even make video calls to another person should you call them and they are on Hangouts as well.

Google-Hangout.jpg

The tablet is a glorious device and meets that much need in between feel from a phone and a laptop. It gives the users a full experience with no limitation by allowing both communication and entertainment options to still be available. Once you have a tablet you will wonder why you never had one before. The Pixi 7 is this such device. It fills a void that which I did not even know I had until I got one.

Disclaimer:
  The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee